Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shannon Burke Back To Podcasting, Still No Deal Announced?

So Shannon is back to doing the podcast deal and I haven't caught any of the shows lately and am wondering why we haven't heard any announcements about this alleged "FM" deal?

I thought he was supposed to be on the air in Texas or some shit?

Is this even going to happen?

Will Rick and Shifty be picked up in that deal as well?
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell knows. The Bubba/Burke package deal was supposedly a sure thing at one point. I don't think Shannon is bullshitting us, but it's probably taking longer to work out a deal than planned.

The Texas thing was based on some one off comment to a caller about how he "might be" in that area. Most detail I remember Shannon going into after that is mentioning a deal for two stations in Florida.

I assume Rick and Shifty are part of the deal as well. From what Shannon said about starting his own company, I assume he'll be doing the Bubba thing where he pays them through it as part of the sum he gets from whatever deal makes. He mentioned that as part of why things have been held up but at this rate he needs to just chillax on the teasing a bit until he has real news to announce. Then again, he's gotta generate hype somehow.

I'm still waiting on a flat sub rate for the podcasts myself.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Tuddle
a.k.a Evil Dr. Nerdcock

vCash: 5000000
Tuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to behold

Shannon will be doing nights at Big 810 but really don't know what the other market will be. That's what I'm hearing.
Tuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddle View Post
Shannon will be doing nights at Big 810 but really don't know what the other market will be. That's what I'm hearing.
Lawrence heard the promo's airing on 810 last night. So I guess that ones locked in.

Good to have a night show back I guess but it's gonna be weird hearing Shando Calrissian at night.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
FatOldMan
New Mark

vCash: 9550000
FatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura about

Bad news for Rick and Shifty, I doubt a night gig will have payroll available for them.
FatOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
FatOldMan
New Mark

vCash: 9550000
FatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura about

I'm starting a new rumor.
Shannon Burke starting 7-11pm n 102.5 The Bone Monday.
FatOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
Shando Calrissian
Old 08-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
Tuddle
a.k.a Evil Dr. Nerdcock

Tuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to beholdTuddle is a splendid one to behold

I'm not mad at Shannon but I think it's bullshit that they let spice because of so called budget cuts but they can afford to bring in Shannon even though it's part of a simulcast.
Tuddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddle View Post
I'm not mad at Shannon but I think it's bullshit that they let spice because of so called budget cuts but they can afford to bring in Shannon even though it's part of a simulcast.
No one should have bought that budget cuts bullshit.

102.5 Bought a hummer, renovated the studio and re-signed cowhead.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
Chob

It's a dirty game.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
TelegramSam

TelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of light

Just downloaded some of last week's podcasts, but I'm glad to know this won't keep on going. Shannon tweeted about signing a deal with two FL stations also, so I'm guessing he'll announce the other station on Twitter as soon as he can (hoping it's 102.5 The Bone, their online stream is great).
TelegramSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #12
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelegramSam View Post
Just downloaded some of last week's podcasts, but I'm glad to know this won't keep on going. Shannon tweeted about signing a deal with two FL stations also, so I'm guessing he'll announce the other station on Twitter as soon as he can (hoping it's 102.5 The Bone, their online stream is great).
It is. It was announced on Calta's show.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
TelegramSam

TelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
It is. It was announced on Calta's show.
Good news, I wonder if he's still going to do next week's podcasts (still up for pre-order right now)?
TelegramSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #14
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelegramSam View Post
Good news, I wonder if he's still going to do next week's podcasts (still up for pre-order right now)?
Already recorded according to shifty I think and Burke mentioned that this weeks podcasts would have all the details of his Bone® Deal