Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
Kevin Gaspar is on a distinguished road
Default RadioIO rumors?

Anybody else heard that Marc Chase is coming to run IO, and Randy Michaels is going to be on the Board?

As fot what "that" is any guesses? Kevin Smith started his own smodcasting, so I doubt he's coming over.

Drew Garabo tweeted that it was the best day of his life since his child was born - the other day. Anybody know if he signed up for a nightly show?

I also heard something about a new streamimg deal with Verizon as opposed to the current servers on Icecast.

What other rumors, if any has anyone heard?
Kevin Gaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

1) Heard quite a few rumblings about that one. Seems very likely to me.

2) Beats me. I thought it was Kevin Smith too. Sounds like they're constantly working towards getting more people on board, but who knows when that will happen.

3) Drew said it's a "separate opportunity" from radioIO.

4) That's new to me, but good news if it's true.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Chase presented with Bean at some investors conference. It was in the press release. Marc and Randy have been joined at the hip for a long time. Back to the Jacor days.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Marc Chase presented with Bean at some investors conference. It was in the press release. Marc and Randy have been joined at the hip for a long time. Back to the Jacor days.
I couldn't find any coverage of the event whatsoever. Did anyone report on what was said?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

apparently they were trying to sort out the golden ticket debacle

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

It was probably 10 people in a hotel conference room.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

Speaking of Golden Ticket, I have 10,000 shares of IWDM, I could give a shit less about 100 shares at .13 I'd rather have a RadioIO T Shirt.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gaspar View Post
Speaking of Golden Ticket, I have 10,000 shares of IWDM, I could give a shit less about 100 shares at .13 I'd rather have a RadioIO T Shirt.
Dayum. What did you buy it at? I know milkman made some cash off it by buying it cheap and selling it when it went up a bit.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they have t-shirts now?

I'd be down for one of those

COD
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

I bought in all over the place from .11 to .40 probably averaged out at .25, hoping that some good news is coming soon. I have read bad shit about some of Bean's former partners pumping and dumping the stock, keeping the price low. I hope its not true or they soon run out of stock. They don't have shirts that I know of, but they should...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
Chob

Quote:
I bought in all over the place from .11 to .40 probably averaged out at .25, hoping that some good news is coming soon. I have read bad shit about some of Bean's former partners pumping and dumping the stock, keeping the price low. I hope its not true or they soon run out of stock. They don't have shirts that I know of, but they should...
Apparently Stanton and some of those guys may be on their way out but who knows. Any news about the company is incredibly slow to materialize.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
Shannon Burke

Shannon Burke is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm, any other programming rumors??
Shannon Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #13
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Shannon Burke coming to radioIO full time?

COD
Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Burke View Post
Hmmmm, any other programming rumors??
I saw a rumor about custom playlists a la Pandora and Slacker but I can't find anything to back it up.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

Chob are you on investorhub? IWDM If so, Im kg1999 on there more of a lurker there than anything. Thats where I get my rumors from, hope half of them are true.