Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phil Hendrie live streams

You heard him on Bubba, now catch his show. I'll update the streams as I find them.

This station/stream has an exclusive fifth hour being his home station.
http://www.ktlkam1150.com/cc-common/....html?world=st

Listen live from 10:00 p.m.- 2:00 a.m. EST.

NewsRadio 99.1FM/730AM KINF
http://edgev1.den.echo.liquidcompass.net/KQLZFMAAC
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Each week, “The Phil Hendrie Show” attracts perhaps 2 million listeners to 110 radio stations across the country, according to distributor Talk Radio Network Syndications. Hendrie, a resident of Silver Strand Beach near Oxnard, has relied on a formula involving fictional guests to the show for 20 years.

Hendrie creates the voices of his fictional characters, who spout preposterous opinions that elicit indignant phone calls from real, often-unsuspecting listeners.

His shtick predates false naiveté acts like British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen and his Ali G. character, Hendrie said. His influences include Monty Python, 1960s satirical group The Credibility Gap, and Lenny Bruce, the stage name for 1950s satirist Leonard Alfred Schneider.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/apr/24/faux-biz/

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
hanky
banned douche
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
hanky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
You heard him on Bubba, now catch his show. I'll update the streams as I find them.

This station/stream has an exclusive fifth hour being his home station.
http://www.ktlkam1150.com/cc-common/....html?world=st

Listen live from 10:00 p.m.- 2:00 a.m. EST.
Nobody in Richmond heard him on Bubber
hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

do you seriously think any of us care?

we're almost all Sirius Subscribers.... ratings mean shit...

just like Richmond..

sheesus Hanky It's been a week - haven't you found something else to rag about?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
hanky
banned douche
No Avatar

hanky is on a distinguished road

you care , and soon he will only be on in florida and sirius will dump him . I will rejoice when this happens
hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

no you won't cause you don't give a shit...

please...

and internet streams will always be free... and if not you can just bootleg it like everyone does with ellis's show... and howard's show... or phil hendrie's show - or coast 2 coast AM...

COD
Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

so how do you listen to bubba hanky? if you even do... which I doubt.

What are you gonna do if sirius drops him? show us all how your still gonna go out of your way to listen to a show, just to make some stupid comments you think are getting people upset?

How pathetic would that be?

COD
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
The Butler
Degenerate Member

The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hendrie, concluding that "the radio industry is so badly managed," took matters into his own hands with his website. He's doing podcasts, videocasts, webisodes, and making available his archived shows – all for a subscription fee. "I am exploiting new media, not relying on radio. It's financially more profitable because people are paying me money. I am doing a better job selling "The Phil Hendrie Show" than anything Mel Karmazin (Sirius XM) has done."
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainm...nfo-beach.html

Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
coast 2 coast AM was one of the first radio networks to go subscription only for their archives... and they go WAAAAAAAAY back.

I can see it being very profitable if done right... I mean there's no licensing fees from record companies, no broadcasting rights to pay... WAY less staff... you can probably get them part time, so no benefits...

plus you are in control of YOUR content... I think a lot of DJ's would appreciate that freedom.

COD
Old 06-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
The Butler
Degenerate Member

Quote:
Hendrie, 58, saw the handwriting on the wall and was smart to branch out beyond radio. Yes, he's on KTLK/1150 AM live 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. and repeated 1 to 3 a.m. weekdays, and on KFI/640 AM from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Talk Radio Network syndicates him nationwide. But he's happiest with the success he has had – as his own boss – at his Internet site www.philhendrieshow.com. It offers podcasts, videocasts, webisodes, and his archived shows – all for a subscription fee. His business model is not only proving to be a success, it doesn't rely on having to deal with corporate ownership.
http://articles.ocregister.com/2011-...radio-industry

Old 08-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
The Butler
Degenerate Member

Phil on the Kevin Pollack Chat Show. Haven't watched it yet, but there is a Bubba and Howard mention.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCickvz70PY"]KPCS:Phil Hendrie #122 - YouTube[/ame]

Old 01-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #12
nwoidaho

nwoidaho is on a distinguished road

Phil does a great radio show. It's too bad his understanding of technology and how the Internet works is beyond repair. Too old school for his own good.

I listen to Phil occasionally LIVE on NewsRadio 99.1FM/730AM KINF in Boise: http://edgev1.den.echo.liquidcompass.net/KQLZFMAAC
nwoidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #13
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwoidaho View Post
Phil does a great radio show. It's too bad his understanding of technology and how the Internet works is beyond repair. Too old school for his own good.

I listen to Phil occasionally LIVE on NewsRadio 99.1FM/730AM KINF in Boise: http://edgev1.den.echo.liquidcompass.net/KQLZFMAAC
Good to see you drop by, and yeah, I honestly forgot about this thread even with Butler occasionally putting relevant info in it. I'll update the original post.

And that stuff with him and Twitter was hilarious. It's refreshing to see someone as old school as Phil these days. At least he was forward thinking enough to build his own niche online.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote