Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #31
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

vCash: 5000000
Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

this is all great news
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #32
Dick
No Avatar

Dick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Someone left this under my door.
Idk if that argument makes bubba look good... Basically saying he doesn't have the following he claims...

If he had a ton of fans/huge following, it shouldn't be a problem to get the needed subscriptions.

Amirite???
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #33
Dick
No Avatar

When I have Drew or Cow or Mo on, I am listening to their shows, I'm "into" the show...

Bubba, for awhile now, is just "on". Background noise for when HOT has just played the same song 45min earlier etc..

Rating company doesn't know if people are actually following along with the show, they just see that it's on the persons dial.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:58 PM   #34
Dick
No Avatar

Does anyone know how long after the EE deadline that the programming went free?

It'd be interesting to see if they did the same 90-day thing back then..
Old 06-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #35
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Does anyone know how long after the EE deadline that the programming went free?

It'd be interesting to see if they did the same 90-day thing back then..
I might be off on this but I think the EE might have ended the night the Free preview was ending (which was 2-28-11 I *think*)

but I'm not sure how long after that it was that they scrapped the "exclusive content"

Lawrence might know
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #36
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I have Drew or Cow or Mo on, I am listening to their shows, I'm "into" the show...

Bubba, for awhile now, is just "on". Background noise for when HOT has just played the same song 45min earlier etc..

Rating company doesn't know if people are actually following along with the show, they just see that it's on the persons dial.
I was thinking the same thing. I listen to a show to connect, or relate to the host, etc. Probably more important than trying to tear people down.
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:23 AM   #37
Dick
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I might be off on this but I think the EE might have ended the night the Free preview was ending (which was 2-28-11 I *think*)

but I'm not sure how long after that it was that they scrapped the "exclusive content"

Lawrence might know
Seems like early fall... Maybe August/Sept? Which would put it way past the 90 day mark
Old 06-16-2014, 05:47 AM   #38
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems like early fall... Maybe August/Sept? Which would put it way past the 90 day mark
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the date was 10/3/2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #39
FatOldMan
New Mark

vCash: 9550000
FatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the date was 10/3/2011.
Ya, it was on 10/3/11 when Bean and Spice came on and did a bunch of wind talking about Mel Karmazin, Howard, Marc Chase etc. They also acknowledged publicly for the first time that the EE thing was a $300 piece of toilet paper. Wagz, Deadwood and the other cheerleaders then called in to say how happy that they were to have their money taken from them and would gladly send him more.

By this time the cat was long out of the bag regarding the streams being unsecured and free to all, but any mention of it was deflected with 'people pirating' 'we are coming out with a new app' etc.

Firing Shannon and Ledge last week exactly 90 days after the re-subscribe push looks a bit suspect to me.
FatOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #40
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I listen to a show to connect, or relate to the host, etc. Probably more important than trying to tear people down.
how do you connect with a guy who lets people fuck his wife.

I can't even understand that mindset so it's very hard to get into anything related to bubba anymore.
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #41
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how do you connect with a guy who lets people fuck his wife.

I can't even understand that mindset so it's very hard to get into anything related to bubba anymore.
That feeling was very short lived with Bubba. Other hosts have been different, they felt as least to me, genuine and from the heart. That's the feeling I've been left with.
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #42
Dan Blaze
-

Dan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to all

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ[/ame]

Pour out a 40 for Ledge and Shando.
Dan Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #43
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
(hey pete, long time no see)
Hey SJ, yeah, it's been a while. I haven't listened to Bubba in forever, and since Shannon got jacked from my afternoon drivetime, I haven't really heard his show. This latest fail news got me to want to vent a bit, and this was the best place to do it.

I bought Shando's podcast pilot, and pre-paid for this upcoming week, because I feel him, Rick and Shifty are worth what amounts to a small investment while we wait and see where he ends up. I'm looking forward to, hopefully, getting to hear him again in the car.

Be well, dude. I hope to stop by a little more often.

Quote:
lets get to jerkin some cocks
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote