Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cox is broke ass.

Well I guess with it coming to light that cox has indeed shut down international streaming

(lol canada isn't international you gigantic fucking faggots)

It's become painfully obvious to me that Cox is broke and will be tits up.

If you can't afford the bandwidth to operate a fucking internet stream, your days are numbered in radio.

Most of the people that are listening to your programming - are doing so on their phones and computers. Even half the people from this board that LIVE in florida, still listen online and not through computer.

You want more evidence they're going broke? How come they didn't re-sign a certain someone that I don't want to drag into this.

Here's some more food for thought. You can't block us from facebook and you can't stop us from speaking our minds all over your social media. Expect us.

I also encourage everyone to turn off their FM radios and turn on their streams, what are they going to do? Block America?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Triton Digital Reports May 2013 Rankings July 9, 2013
Triton Digital has released its monthly Internet audio rankings for May 2013, with Pandora remaining atop the online listenership metrics. Pandora's AAS (Average Active Sessions) for Monday - Friday 6a-8p) in the Domestic Rankings fell for the third month in a row, but only slightly. Its AAS was approximately 1.698 million in April and slipped slightly to 1,693,208 in May. Session starts increased to just under 961.5 million.
As usual, Clear Channel was ranked second, with a slight increase to 333,058 AAS, followed by Slacker, Cumulus and CBS Radio. The top ten is rounded out with NPR Member Stations, EMF Corporate, Cox Radio, Entercom and ESPN.
Looking at May's All Streams Ranker (M-F, 6a-8p), Clear Channel was at #1 again with 335,227 AAS, followed by Digitally Imported and Slacker, then Prisa Radio, Cumulus, CBS, NPR, EMF Corporate and Entercom.
For the full week Domestic Ranker (6a-mid), Pandora was still #1, with its AAS up very slightly to 1,485,492. Clear Channel came in second, followed by Slacker, Cumulus, CBS, NPR, EMF Corporate, Cox, Univision and Entercom.
Looking at May's All Streams Ranker full week stats (6a-mid), Clear Channel was still #1, with Digitally Imported in second, then Slacker, Prisa Radio, Cumulus, CBS, NPR, EMF Corporate, Cox and a debut from Karnaval.com in tenth.

COD
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

you see that?

Cox is ranked in the top ten for internet streams

or should I say WAS

you can kiss that number good now cause it doesn't account for international listeners vs local

it only counts totals and you guys just fucked yourself up the ass

COD
Old 07-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Hamlegs Harold
HWIC

vCash: 5000000
Hamlegs Harold will become famous soon enough

from what Drew said they stopped the international streaming because of the music licensing. 97x and their other music stations probably are the cause
Hamlegs Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how much revenue the online ads bring in.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Hamlegs Harold
HWIC

i'm guessing The Bone is tied into the same streaming account that the music stations are
Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I will say this though. The royalties for online radio are fucking obscene and are way higher than for other mediums, like FM radio, that get cut a break.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Hamlegs Harold
HWIC

i got the stream to work through

kproxy.com

using this stream link http://streaming.theboneonline.com/_...allsign=WHPTFM
Old 07-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlegs Harold View Post
from what Drew said they stopped the international streaming because of the music licensing. 97x and their other music stations probably are the cause
no one listens to FM for music anymore just shut those stations down - no one cares.

Isn't one run by a fucking robot anyways? How pathetic is that?

another sign they're broke

COD
Old 07-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
i'm guessing The Bone is tied into the same streaming account that the music stations are
they run it all off the same platform... like the player is the same pretty much for all the stations..

that link you posted? just change the call letters and it loads that stations stream instead.

However - there's still ways to allow the talk to still go international. Just move it off that platform and run it stand alone if you have to. Done.

There's only excuses for this, but no real reason.

COD
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Chob

I have to, once again, humbly apologize to SJ. Silly me thinking they were being upfront with their staff and listeners.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Ace
Resident promo cutter to various radio shows

Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

I never thought I'd say this but I agree 1000% with SJ, they're shooting themselves in the foot with this. I've been saying it since I started listen to the bone in 2010, why aren't the streaming numbers counted in the ratings? This is 20motherfucking13, people don't get in there cars to listen to a goddamn radio show and I don't know of anybody personally whom
Listens to say Bubba on a classic radio. Majority listen on their mobile device as I do. Quite frankly, Cox looks like it'll be one of those stations we talk about and say, " remember Real, Raw, Radio?", much like the Powerpig and 98rock. Shitty.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
i got the stream to work through

kproxy.com

using this stream link http://streaming.theboneonline.com/_...allsign=WHPTFM
doesn't work for me

COD
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #15
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

How come everyone is so surprised they are agreeing with me?

COD