Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sirius XM News Thread

Note: This thread started as a post of Mel's interview with CNBC about the future of Sirius XM. It's now a thread for all Sirius XM news.

Watch it here.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/33654831/site/14081545
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Mel - "We'd like to see Howard do more shows for less money."

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Ski Lo

vCash: 268304465
Ski Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Mel - "We'd like to see Howard do more shows for less money."

He won't.I bet he dosen't.If he gave a shit bout he fans he would.....

Damn,If Kali were he she'd be yelling at me......

YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!
Ski Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

vCash: 100746211
Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Mel is a cocksuckin douche......Bubba is doomed on sirius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
Fuck people...save the dogs first.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
The Butler
Degenerate Member

The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Mel on Fox with Neil Cavuto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZ03JtpYDQ

Old 12-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
The Butler
Degenerate Member

It’s been five years since Sirius lured shock jock Howard Stern to satellite radio with a $500 million contract. Whether Stern can re-up with a similar deal when his contract expires at the end of next year is anyone’s guess, but it ought to be entertaining. Sirius XM CEO Mel Karmazin is preparing himself for negotiations with the self-proclaimed King of All Media.

I could tell you, it will start with Howard feeling that he is working too hard and doing too many shows and not making enough money. Our side would say, ‘We want you to do more, and get less money,’” Karmazin said.

http://blogs.reuters.com/summits/200...d-stern-dance/

Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

I can say one thing - they better sign him quick and start advertising that he's staying as soon as they can.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
The Butler
Degenerate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post
I can say one thing - they better sign him quick and start advertising that he's staying as soon as they can.
And if he does want to move the show later in the day and/or fewer days, they better start looking at talent ::cough: Bubba :cough:: to fill some hours.

Anything less than he Howard is doing now is not enough to fill an entire channel.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

vCash: 5000000
Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

I couldn't imagine him wanting to move to a different daypart. 20 some odd years at the same shift. The change would freak me the fuck out. Yeah, sure you get to sleep in(if you can), but now your workday isn't over until 7 o'clock. For me it would be too much of a drastic change.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

I see howard doing 10-2...

don't ask me why but that's where I see him, if he is to switch times...
Howards always said that morning drive was the best slot for ratings - but sirius doesn't have ratings... so his argument for staying in mornings is moot

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #11
The Butler
Degenerate Member

Quote:
GHARIB: Howard Stern has been a very positive force for Sirius and I under that his contract expires next year. Is he going to re-up and what happens next?

KARMAZIN: Howard has been a very significant performer for us. He has to decide on whether or not he wants to continue. If he does, I would be doing everything I can to work out financial arrangements that are in our shareholders' best interests to do a deal with Howard.

GHARIB: Can you afford to keep continuing to pay top dollar for people like Howard Stern or Martha Stewart giving the economics of this business?

KARMAZIN: Over my entire career, I've always heard that content is expensive. Well, yeah, contempt is very expensive and if you want to have great content, whether it be the NFL or whether or not it be Howard Stern, you have to pay for it. And my business model is always that I'd rather figure out a way to make money with the talent rather than not have them and compete against them.
http://www.pbs.org/nbr/site/onair/gh..._radio_091202/

Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The writing seems to be on the wall, at least to me. At the end of next year he'll take less money for a lighter schedule. He sure as hell isn't working any more.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
The Butler
Degenerate Member

NEW YORK, Dec 7 (Reuters) - A customer of Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI.O) sued the U.S. satellite radio company on Monday, saying it deceptively increased prices in breach of subscriber contracts.

The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan federal court, said that since a July 2008 merger of Sirius and rival XM Satellite Radio, the only two satellite radio providers in the United States, monthly charges had risen by nearly 30 percent for certain subscribers with multiple accounts.

"Since the merger, Sirius XM has abused its monopoly power by increasing prices above competitive levels, breaching subscriber contracts, and making false and misleading statements to subscribers and the public," said the complaint by Carl Blessing, a resident of Florida, who is seeking class action status and unspecified damages.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idCNN...0091207?rpc=44

Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
Chob

Quote:
NEW YORK, Dec 7 (Reuters) - A customer of Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI.O) sued the U.S. satellite radio company on Monday, saying it deceptively increased prices in breach of subscriber contracts.

The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan federal court, said that since a July 2008 merger of Sirius and rival XM Satellite Radio, the only two satellite radio providers in the United States, monthly charges had risen by nearly 30 percent for certain subscribers with multiple accounts.

"Since the merger, Sirius XM has abused its monopoly power by increasing prices above competitive levels, breaching subscriber contracts, and making false and misleading statements to subscribers and the public," said the complaint by Carl Blessing, a resident of Florida, who is seeking class action status and unspecified damages.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idCNN...0091207?rpc=44
If it's the royalty fees they're suing about, then I really don't see this going anywhere.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #15
The Butler
Degenerate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
If it's the royalty fees they're suing about, then I really don't see this going anywhere.
Depends on the interpretation of when they are allowed to start the calculation of when the increases in royalties start. They charged far more than the rates increased since the merger.