Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Dan Blaze
-

vCash: 5000000
Dan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to all
Headphones Stan and Haney Show Listening Thread May 2013

No idea if this will actually get used but fuck it why not!

From their website ( http://www.stanandhaney.com/ ):
Quote:
Stan and Haney are Southwest Florida’s market veterans with proven ratings and success! Stan and Haney can be heard weekday afternoons on 96krock. The duo has been dominating the radio market for over two decades. Listeners can count on plenty of phone interaction, topical interviews, ”Haney’s News,” “The Fluffer,” “Stan’s Audio Grab Bag,” the regular cast of characters, and much more!
Tune in link:
http://tunein.com/radio/96-K-Rock-961-s22669/

Last edited by Dan Blaze; 05-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Dan Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Dan Blaze
-

Dan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to all

Some info about the way the Stan and Haney show is set up:

It starts daily at 2PM Eastern. Runs until 6PM.

Show normally starts out with a classic call, interview, or "bit" from years back. This was actually something requested by listeners as for the longest time they didn't have a lot of their older stuff available to replay.

The first hour is basically them talking about whatever is new and getting into some light news.

At 3pm they devote pretty much the entire hour to taking calls and joking around with callers. They commonly just give out whatever prizes they have to people they enjoy talking to but will sometimes do a game like "who's smarter than Haney?" but it isn't a long drawn out thing so no worries about a Shando style overbooking issue

At 4 they do "The 4 o'clock fluffer", which is a brief tease on what news Haney will cover during last hour of the show. They will also sometimes slot in interviews during this hour but they usually don't have anyone on unless it is someone that is actually interesting to them, not just whoever is making the rounds that week.

At 5 Haney does his news block which has been one of the favorite parts of the show for almost 20 years, "southwest florida's most trusted anchor man" gives us the news we need to know, in a no nonsense way and with (no parody songs!)

For the rest of the show they wind down and will sometimes play a bit of "classic comedy" which is a recent addition and apparently some sort of syndicated deal, I'm not really sure but it is generally short and actually enjoyable so I do not mind it. The last bit of the show is Stan and Haney signing of before they play a clip of whatever there favorite part of the show that day was.

Overall the show is kind of formulaic in nature but highly enjoyable, it is very much a "southwest florida" show and the guys are very laid back. While Stan will sometimes get a bit heated they certainly aren't like the guys on the Bone, the show is very laid back compared to most FM talk shows.

I hope a few of you guys give the show a chance, especially with the Burke timeslot change leaving a lot of people with a void in the afternoons. This is a show I've heard since I was a kid so I obviously have a different set of eyes on the deal but I think people who appreciate good radio would enjoy this show quite a bit.

Last edited by Dan Blaze; 05-15-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

fuck yeah!!

ATL
PissJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

the fuck is this?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
zombie

zombie is a glorious beacon of lightzombie is a glorious beacon of lightzombie is a glorious beacon of lightzombie is a glorious beacon of lightzombie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
the fuck is this?
What's with the credit card advertisement thread ?that's what I'm more worried about.

I'm not here to start shit, btw where is that dick SJ?
zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
Dan Blaze
-

Quote:
the fuck is this?
A radio show thread in the radio section?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Blaze View Post
A radio show thread in the radio section?
how dare you!
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Dan Blaze
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sinister View Post

Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

I'm so pumped to check the show out today
Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
Ace
Resident promo cutter to various radio shows

Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

Ahoy! I listen to Stan& Haney instead of Cowfuck. They're good.

Quote:
I say stupid shit

Last edited by Ace; 05-16-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Dan Blaze
-

Yeah I don't think the show is for everyone but it is certainly worth a shot.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sinister View Post
I'm so pumped to check the show out today
Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

http://tunein.com/radio/96-K-Rock-961-s22669/

I know Sin was just dying for me to post that.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you added that. My mind is a bit slow today. I woke up today at 4 a.m. to puke and that sort of got things off to a shitty start.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Chob

Thinks a leaf blower was a viking hooker.

Tags
96.1 FM, Ahoy, Fort Myers, Haney, Krock, much better than Cowhead, smoking accessories, Stan, SWFL, The best afternoon show ever