Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #1351
Ski Lo

vCash: 268304465
Ski Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud of

I see what you did there..

That too..

YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #1352
Dan Blaze
-

vCash: 5000000
Dan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
ya my fav movie is a cartoon, so what, you wanna fight about it?
Akira is pretty badass. I used to love watching all the high quality anime movies they would show on Sci-Fi channel in the 90s. A lot of that stuff is just quality action movies that happen to be animated.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #1353
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Blaze View Post
Yeah, Romero was inspired by the book I am Legend. I really like that original Night of Living Dead, it is a really well shot piece. He does a lot with a little.

I'm not normally a huge film nerd but Romero is a special case. Day of the Living Dead is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. Really crazy flick.
"i'm running this monkey farm now frankenstein, and I want to know what the FUCK you're doing with our time!!!?!"
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #1354
Ski Lo

Ski Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud of

I can see this day is gonna be a big waste..

Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #1355
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

"bang, you're dead"

"salute my ass"
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #1356
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Akira is pretty badass. I used to love watching all the high quality anime movies they would show on Sci-Fi channel in the 90s. A lot of that stuff is just quality action movies that happen to be animated.
you couldn't do Akira justice by making it live action.

Hell they had to change the entire plot of the movie just so they could end it where they did. Technically, Kaneda becomes the fucking ruler of neo tokyo after they drop that bomb... and the story is far from finished. He even eventually teams up with that cop that is after experiment 25.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #1357
Ski Lo

Is there a name for fearing what's in the mailbox?

cause I don't want to look.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #1358
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

if you have never read that manga of akira, you really should cause it's way better and makes a lot of it make more sense.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #1359
Dan Blaze
-

Dan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to allDan Blaze is a name known to all

Quote:
"bang, you're dead"

"salute my ass"

That is probably my favorite part of the movie. The interactions between the scientists and the military are really cool and I like how Romero "evolved" his zombies over time. Even the more recent "of the Dead" films have been at least worth the watch.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #1360
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Lo View Post
Is there a name for fearing what's in the mailbox?

cause I don't want to look.
yes.

It's called broke-itis or billaphobia, the fear of owing more money
Old 10-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #1361
Dan Blaze
-

Quote:
you couldn't do Akira justice by making it live action.

Hell they had to change the entire plot of the movie just so they could end it where they did. Technically, Kaneda becomes the fucking ruler of neo tokyo after they drop that bomb... and the story is far from finished. He even eventually teams up with that cop that is after experiment 25.
Quote:
if you have never read that manga of akira, you really should cause it's way better and makes a lot of it make more sense.
When they keep talking about doing a Cowboy Bebop live action movie thing that is my first thought as well. No way you can do some of this stuff justice on screen even with our modern cgi stuff.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #1362
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:

That is probably my favorite part of the movie. The interactions between the scientists and the military are really cool and I like how Romero "evolved" his zombies over time. Even the more recent "of the Dead" films have been at least worth the watch.
the one latest one showed them "learning"

remember they all stopped at the waters edge and wouldn't go in, until that one smart zombie was like - you idiots, we're dead we can walk through water - and plunges in. Then they all follow him..

then you have the two latest ones - in the one, the zombies are being taught to eat animal flesh instead of humans. It also shows that they are retaining more of their "memories" or "personality"
Old 10-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #1363
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
When they keep talking about doing a Cowboy Bebop live action movie thing that is my first thought as well. No way you can do some of this stuff justice on screen even with our modern cgi stuff.
yeah and CGI = white man's cartoon IMO

I hate cgi

I'd rather watch a 1970's model ship on a string then CGI
Old 10-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #1364
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

, way to go Schneider, get the leader of Navajo nation and host him in the owner suite sporting Redskin gear.

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #1365
Dan Blaze
-

Quote:
the one latest one showed them "learning"

remember they all stopped at the waters edge and wouldn't go in, until that one smart zombie was like - you idiots, we're dead we can walk through water - and plunges in. Then they all follow him..

then you have the two latest ones - in the one, the zombies are being taught to eat animal flesh instead of humans. It also shows that they are retaining more of their "memories" or "personality"
Yeah, Romero has done a good job with that whole process, I think his series and the Walking Dead graphic novel are the two best examples of zombies in media. The breaking down of zombies vs their evolution is a nice touch.

I just really don't like the whole "fast zombie" craze nowadays, or where every zombie game has to have the whole "giant hulk zombie", "witch zombie", etc. trope. It really just makes it super cheesy when zombies are already kinda cheese to begin with
Closed Thread

Tags
it's free swipe your EBT, Kayla, political vortex, Rick, SBK stole my bike, SBK=Race Baiter, Shannon and Cowhead sitting in a tree, Shannon Burke, Shannon Burke Fired, Shannon Burke re-hired, Shannon Burke Tired, Shannon Burke Wired, Someone shot my dog, The Shannon Burke Show, Tuddle