Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #1351
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

vCash: 5000000
iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

I wonder how fast he will recover from this divorce.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #1352
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I think that's a hell of a lot more likely than him picking up more FM stations.
It's also where they'll likely get a better return on their money. Terrestrial radio is in the toilet, and I'm sure even they see that. There will be no return to the "glory days" of terrestrial.

I haven't given up on satellite being able to survive, especially since it's in so many new cars and the wireless carriers seem to have a business plan that revolves around bandwidth caps and overcharging.

Internet radio will still have a chance despite bandwidth caps if they focus in on one of the areas where satellite fails: content. People will pay for content. This is where internet radio can differentiate itself from terrestrial and satellite. Get the real broadcasters online, the "controversial" shows, the stuff that is outside of the status quo. Make a big deal about it. Advertise. And charge. People will pay.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #1353
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Howard's still toiling away to get Bubba back.
Good thing today was a day off for Howard. He was up late counting his marbles.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #1354
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by iobane View Post
I wonder how fast he will recover from this divorce.
My over/under is by the end of the year.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #1355
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
Good thing today was a day off for Howard. He was up late counting his marbles.
His favorite hobby. Beth has her "Mom Cave" Howard has his marble cave.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #1356
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Morning campers.
Mornin' Butler.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #1357
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
It's also where they'll likely get a better return on their money. Terrestrial radio is in the toilet, and I'm sure even they see that. There will be no return to the "glory days" of terrestrial.

I haven't given up on satellite being able to survive, especially since it's in so many new cars and the wireless carriers seem to have a business plan that revolves around bandwidth caps and overcharging.

Internet radio will still have a chance despite bandwidth caps if they focus in on one of the areas where satellite fails: content. People will pay for content. This is where internet radio can differentiate itself from terrestrial and satellite. Get the real broadcasters online, the "controversial" shows, the stuff that is outside of the status quo. Make a big deal about it. Advertise. And charge. People will pay.
Well the chance of them getting off FM soon is most likely shot to hell now.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #1358
iobane

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

This isn't new...

Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #1359
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Did they really censor "hard?"
Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #1360
Chob

Quote:
This isn't new...
New to FM. I don't doubt Bubba doesn't remember it. It was played maybe three times.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #1361
iobane

Words cannot be used to tantalize or titillate.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #1362
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
Words cannot be used to tantalize or titillate.
God forbid.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #1363
Chob

Was that an AFI bumper?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #1364
TheVirus
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

TheVirus is on a distinguished road

Here are a few things I've noticed with Bubba that's probably getting him in trouble:

1. Constantly talking about quitting FM to go strictly IO/Sirius
1a. This is probably a reason for the other stations dropping him. Who wants to invest in a talent that plans on leaving?
2. Goes back and forth on hating/loving FM radio.
2a. He's stated that he thinks Cox is crap, hates their management, hates Clear Channel, and then goes on to say, at a later date, that he wouldn't mind working for Clear Channel and that he loves Cox.
3. Mentions IO quite a lot on FM.
3a. Advertising is good for IO, but I'm sure it pisses off his FM affiliates. It's competition.

I wish him the best, but he doesn't exactly have tact when dealing with his business on air. It's great that he lets it all out, but he could word it differently to prevent any hard feelings between him and his affiliates.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #1365
iobane

I'm calling you Cyrus.

Closed Thread

Tags
BRN, BTLSRadio, Bubba Army Radio, Bubba Clem, bubba the love sponge, Bubbas Seperated, die benny die, He-Man woman haters club, Howard Stern, lurking beer guy, moved out, no pussy is worth the hassle