Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #1321
jonstas
d a r k s i d e r

vCash: 5000000
jonstas has a spectacular aura aboutjonstas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
looks like she does not listen well.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #1322
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
That's a hell of a zombie getup for Halloween.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #1323
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by legmanct View Post
Honestly I think Bubba would be best off with an ISDN line from the studio to IO. It is not subject to the packet loss problems that a internet connection might have.
ISDN sucks ass and is way over priced. And it all travels over the carriers IP network anymore anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #1324
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly I think Bubba would be best off with an ISDN line from the studio to IO. It is not subject to the packet loss problems that a internet connection might have.
Expensive analog line. Look into multiple static IPs on his current HSi account.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #1325
jonstas
d a r k s i d e r

jonstas has a spectacular aura aboutjonstas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

what about peanuts?

NO, that's just gross..
Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #1326
legmanct
Nothing Beats A Great Pair of Legs!

legmanct is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopirate View Post
Most stations have T-1's to send whole voice tracked shifts to in company stations.
Thats the difference, they are sending packages over, not live audio.

On a cable modem its worse because of the "bucket" system a cable modem uses (an DOCSIS 3.0 modem slightly helps with this issue a little better)

From what I am seeing (and I could be wrong) the RadioIO system runs commercials 24/7 however when it detects a live signal going to it it custs over to the live signal. As soon as the live signal goes away for a split second it cuts back over to the ads server again.

So when something happens at Bubbas studio (it could be a router issue, net congestion, someone looking at too many videos from Farm Sercret etc.) and there is a loss of sending the live voice packet then the RadioIO server kicks in and starts playing commercials.

I could look it up but I use to know the URLS so you could directly access and listen to the ads 24/7 if you wanted.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #1327
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstas View Post
NO, that's just gross..

COD
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #1328
legmanct

Quote:
Expensive analog line. Look into multiple static IPs on his current HSi account.
Multiple IPs would not help with his issue. You are still limted by the cable modem technology.

It can only send so many packets at one time.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #1329
radiopirate
Lover, not fighter.

radiopirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thats the difference, they are sending packages over, not live audio.

On a cable modem its worse because of the "bucket" system a cable modem uses (an DOCSIS 3.0 modem slightly helps with this issue a little better)

From what I am seeing (and I could be wrong) the RadioIO system runs commercials 24/7 however when it detects a live signal going to it it custs over to the live signal. As soon as the live signal goes away for a split second it cuts back over to the ads server again.

So when something happens at Bubbas studio (it could be a router issue, net congestion, someone looking at too many videos from Farm Sercret etc.) and there is a loss of sending the live voice packet then the RadioIO server kicks in and starts playing commercials.

I could look it up but I use to know the URLS so you could directly access and listen to the ads 24/7 if you wanted.
Not necessarily, the local afternoon jock on FLZ is doing a live show from DC via T1.

Bouncing signals since 1997
Old 10-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #1330
Lerch

Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Multiple IPs would not help with his issue. You are still limted by the cable modem technology.

It can only send so many packets at one time.
some companies get multiple modems.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #1331
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

buncha fucking nerds up in this bitch

COD
Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1332
radiopirate
Lover, not fighter.

radiopirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
buncha fucking nerds up in this bitch

Hater!

Bouncing signals since 1997
Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1333
legmanct

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
ISDN sucks ass and is way over priced. And it all travels over the carriers IP network anymore anyhow.
Ask anybody who does live remotes and they would prefer a ISDN line over a T1 line for their broadcasts and that is just because of the packet loss that is an issue on an IP line.

i got to be honest, when I first got back into radio again I was kind of shocked to see them using ISDN, I thought that was a technology that nobody used anymore. I at that time thought a T1 was much better.. and thn I got schooled.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #1334
Lerch

the nerdism is a defense mechanism to all the gay talk.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #1335
legmanct

Quote:
some companies get multiple modems.
And it all goes to the same neighborhood node. Still same issue.

Ever go to pirate a movie at 8pm at night and your cable modem is slower then it is in the morning?
Closed Thread

Tags
BRN, BTLSRadio, Bubba Army Radio, Bubba Clem, Dick Island, King of the Dicks, Radioio