Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #106
NY_FTE
Verbal Human Bumper Sticker

vCash: 5000000
NY_FTE will become famous soon enough

how many people accually have phone with pricey data plan to get internet? also truckers .I know most places i go i lose my phone service.VT. C.T off the beating path in mountains woods etc.so download is what we need.Thats the main reason i bought this.so i wouldnt miss show.If i was smarter with puters i could get it free downloaded.Both shows but im not so thats my fault.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #107
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I got a response back from io tech the issue of the unsecured server is being "looked at." So there's that at least.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #108
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Download updates have been slow as shit. Another inexcusable problem.
Yeah, that's torqued me as well. Brent or Spice mentioned something about them having to "scour" the recordings first to make sure there's nothing sue-worthy in there? Meh...

I'm going to try to be patient. I really am. Let's see what Bubba and Bean do about this mess.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #109
NY_FTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
Yeah, that's torqued me as well. Brent or Spice mentioned something about them having to "scour" the recordings first to make sure there's nothing sue-worthy in there? Meh...

I'm going to try to be patient. I really am. Let's see what Bubba and Bean do about this mess.
me 2 im trying to not be a hater dick or get sour.i just want to be able to hear the show.I paid to get same i couldve not paying.i need fm show downloads..... help "iggy iggy" fm show "iggy iggy"
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #110
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post

Me too, but after a while you think "alright, it's been long enough."
Old 03-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #111
legmanct
Nothing Beats A Great Pair of Legs!

legmanct is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I got a response back from io tech the issue of the unsecured server is being "looked at." So there's that at least.
Nothing really they can do with an off the shelf product.

If they move to something that is secure then people will need special software to listen which means iPhones, Androids and Blackberrys will need special software to listen.

If they didn't know that the streams are out there unsecure like they are now then they are even DUMBER then I thought. I knew they were going to be unsecure long before Bubba2 even launched.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #112
NY_FTE

Im thinking if they lock it down so only paid peeps can get it and runs good.Theres a good chance might pick up good reputatin and get more peeps then when testical radio contract ends would just go with IO.Thats what you would think they would be thinking about.Im not hating im contributing to help them succeed here at IO.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #113
NY_FTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by legmanct View Post
Nothing really they can do with an off the shelf product.

If they move to something that is secure then people will need special software to listen which means iPhones, Androids and Blackberrys will need special software to listen.

If they didn't know that the streams are out there unsecure like they are now then they are even DUMBER then I thought. I knew they were going to be unsecure long before Bubba2 even launched.
is the sirius app secure?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #114
legmanct

Yes as far as I know the Sirius streams have been secure for quite awhile now. (At one time you could listen if you knew the direct url.)

The recent update even secured it even more.

Although with that said I will say I don't believe everything is 100% insecure.

One fear I have is IF Bubba does better secure his streams is that people will just rebroadcast the streams via shoutcast just like they are doing now for Howard 100 and Howard 101.

It's a cat and mouse game.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #115
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateFTE View Post
Im thinking if they lock it down so only paid peeps can get it and runs good.Theres a good chance might pick up good reputatin and get more peeps then when testical radio contract ends would just go with IO.Thats what you would think they would be thinking about.Im not hating im contributing to help them succeed here at IO.
On both ends, the BRN and radioIO, people need to start taking things a bit more seriously. Their issues are separate a lot of the time but being linked like they are, everything needs to operate a lot smoother. Whether it involves hiring a professional IT guy, improving communication or what.

This has been a long time issue and it pisses off a lot of people in the audience, not just the IT guys that call in. There's plenty of people willing and able to help. But it won't help to outsource things for cheap to a friend who already has other stuff to do.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #116
NY_FTE

Quote:
On both ends, the BRN and radioIO, people need to start taking things a bit more seriously. Their issues are separate a lot of the time but being linked like they are, everything needs to operate a lot smoother. Whether it involves hiring a professional IT guy, improving communication or what.

This has been a long time issue and it pisses off a lot of people in the audience, not just the IT guys that call in. There's plenty of people willing and able to help. But it won't help to outsource things for cheap to a friend who already has other stuff to do.
doesnt bean own or own part of the io company?would think they have better communication with way things would run while ago.but who knows.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #117
legmanct

Bean is the CEO of RadioIo.

Heres more iggy...

Radioio.Com, LLC is located at 5025 W Lemon St Ste 200 Tampa, FL 33609. The officers include Thomas J Bean. Radioio.Com, LLC was incorporated on Monday, April 19, 2004 in the State of FL and is currently active. Thomas J Bean represents Radioio.Com, LLC as their registered agent.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #118
NY_FTE

Quote:
Bean is the CEO of RadioIo.

Heres more iggy...

Radioio.Com, LLC is located at 5025 W Lemon St Ste 200 Tampa, FL 33609. The officers include Thomas J Bean. Radioio.Com, LLC was incorporated on Monday, April 19, 2004 in the State of FL and is currently active. Thomas J Bean represents Radioio.Com, LLC as their registered agent.
ummmm yikes
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #119
legmanct

Now here is why I really like Bubba, he seems really sincere here.

Way to go Bubba!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/181...-charity-event
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #120
Chob

Quote:
Now here is why I really like Bubba, he seems really sincere here.

Way to go Bubba!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/181...-charity-event
Apparently some media reports of the event didn't mention Bubba one bit.
Closed Thread

Tags
Boopity, BRN, BTLS, Bubba Army Radio, bubba the love sponge, Enternet Exploder, foreskin man, Hanky is a fag, heynow also climbs stairs !, Matt Lloyd, no moar sheen, Pitbull for president, pitbulls rule, Radioio, Spice Boy, UDUNGOOFED25, you fat fuck heynow...shame