Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #106
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
They are really bad. Oh how I long for the days of the Belvita Buttery Biscuit spots (Those things are delicious btw).
The drunk promo's are WAY better then those pyro junkie commercials

COD
Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #107
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

There's no call screener on IO right now

time to call and ask the tough questions

COD
Old 07-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #108
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
There's no call screener on IO right now

time to call and ask the tough questions
Who's on right now?
And what tough questions would we ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #109
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Frank and Rick are doing a show right now

can't think of anything I even care to ask about anymore

COD
Old 07-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #110
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Frank and Rick are doing a show right now

can't think of anything I even care to ask about anymore
Nope, me either.

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #111
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
big line up for soul asylum tickets is there?

are the goo goo dolls opening for them?

maybe tripping daisy will be there too
whats wrong with Tripping Daisy
Old 07-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #112
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissJug View Post
whats wrong with Tripping Daisy
nothing... if you got a girl.

COD
Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #113
Drew Garabo
Host of Drew Garabo Live
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
Drew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Doesn't it give the station more of a foothold in the marketplace though to say they have their talent locked in to a contract?

I guess on FM it's different, but in other markets your talent is what you sell the ad revenue on.

Wouldn't it be better to say to your advertisers "We understand you like Mr Garabo reading your on air ads and we can guarantee you we won't have 14 different hosts in a span of 4 months reading them"

If no one had contracts you guys might move around like baseball players and then we'd never know what station to turn on
Solid points. However, the advertisers are sold on the ratings. Sure, the talent gets the ratings...but when our sales animals pitch endorsements, they do it based on the ratings. Bubba and Cowhead have the benefit of name-recognition, but pretty much only national clients make annual buys. They don't usually care who the talent is reading the ads, as long as the ratings are high.

I used to believe a contract meant job security...until Clear Channel Orlando signed me to a one-year deal (after about 12 years of employment) and then terminated me a week later. They gave me a few months' severance, but were able to hold me to a non-compete of 3 months even though they terminated me without cause.

So...I'm in no big hurry to sign anything!

Thanks as always for the support, oh captain my captain.

<stands on desk>
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #114
Ace
Resident promo cutter to various radio shows

Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Solid points. However, the advertisers are sold on the ratings. Sure, the talent gets the ratings...but when our sales animals pitch endorsements, they do it based on the ratings. Bubba and Cowhead have the benefit of name-recognition, but pretty much only national clients make annual buys. They don't usually care who the talent is reading the ads, as long as the ratings are high.

I used to believe a contract meant job security...until Clear Channel Orlando signed me to a one-year deal (after about 12 years of employment) and then terminated me a week later. They gave me a few months' severance, but were able to hold me to a non-compete of 3 months even though they terminated me without cause.

So...I'm in no big hurry to sign anything!

Thanks as always for the support, oh captain my captain.

<stands on desk>

Drew, when you got put in the 12-3 timeslot I started listening to see what all the bone staff was raving about. I previously didn't listen simply because Bubba's uncensored show started and ended in your slot. I was pretty hooked from day one but as time progressed and I gained more show knowledge I began loving not only the persona of " that guy on the radio" but the things you stand for. You're very passionate about your job and it shows through our dials and apps. The fact that you are consistent on and off the air garners tons of respect.

Hopefully Cox media realizes that you're not just a warm body to which ratings are attributed to, but a hard working talented SOB! I live in Fort Myers and go out of my way to tune in to 102.5 due in large part to the never quit mentality of the on air guys! Thanks for doing what you do, happy 4th Garabo.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #115
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Well said Ace, you've echoed most of my sentiments. Drew once again thanks for another peek behind the scenes at CMG. I think you put on a hell of a show and make the end of my work day fly by. Happy 4th of July to you and I look forward to your show on Friday as I have to work as well. Thanks again for stopping by DRG

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #116
Ace

Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

#drewmarks what's everyone got planned for Independence Day?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #117
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Going to a friends house, can't do too much, gotta work on Friday , what about you?

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #118
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Same old shit. Might go to the Adirondacks or something.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #119
Ace

Chob, Cpt wife is grilling this year. Hang with the runts, maybe cut the grass. How luxurious...
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #120
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I still wonder what the reason was that Spice got surrounded by bouncers and asked to leave at that one place. Maybe it was a competitor of Scene's?
Closed Thread

Tags
Bich Nga, Carl, cool dad, Does Drew have a Bone contract?, Douchebag is over-used, Drew fans are being persecuted, Drew Garabo, drews a pussy, Free Macaque, Freestyle Rap, Give Dick a rest, ICP Rules woop woop, ICP sucks, In Your Face, In Your Face Drew Garabo, Juggalo family, Kayla is steamy :spooge:, Kayla's voice makes my pants fit tight, mark central, Milk and Drew sitting in a tree, Milk Mulisha, pathetic parent, Radio Kayla, Shark Week, Sharknado, Spice Jourgensen