Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #106
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

vCash: 5000000
iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Pretty sure you can see her take shots on gawker too.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #107
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

bone biker night just makes me think of that gay biker bar from Police Academy
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #108
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iobane View Post
Pretty sure you can see her take shots on gawker too.
shit, much better reference
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #109
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Sage.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #110
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

goes in all fields?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #111
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

pearl jam sucks as much as seinfeld
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #112
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

can't believe Drew likes Rises better than Dark Knight. Goonies is better than Rises

ATL

Last edited by PissJug; 12-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #113
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

had to skip the eddie vedder mark out. one of the worst voices ever

ATL
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #114
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Begins is still the best Batman movie IMO. TDK is the best movie with Batman in it. I loved Rises though. Begins just wins me over because Gotham felt like Gotham. It was grimy, corrupt, the back alleys invoked a sense of claustrophobia, and the city had a unique feel to it, especially in the Narrows. Batman was still a shadowy figure, an urban legend to most. I love that warehouse scene where he strikes from the shadows.

TDK Gotham was Chicago. TDKR Gotham was NYC and Pittsburgh with some other cities thrown in. I get why they did that, but to me Begins had all the elements in place and was focused on Bruce Wayne's story. In fact that's a reason I prefer parts of TDKR to TDK. It felt like the spotlight was back where it belongs.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #115
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

ATL
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #116
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I never got Seinfeld's popularity, but then again I probably never really gave it a fair chance. From what I've seen, it's not the genius comedic series everyone makes it out to be.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #117
Chob

I clipped the relevant audio from the Monsters podcast. Now this is all that was said about the situation to my knowledge, with a little backstory about Bubba Saw getting cut out by me. The podcast did cut off early for some reason, so if it came up again, I'm not aware of it.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #118
Drew Garabo
Host of Drew Garabo Live
No Avatar

Drew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the rough

Guys, I have appreciated your support since I started reading and posting here. While we may not see eye-to-eye on the Tuddle situation, I sincerely appreciate your honesty and respect the fact that you support him. That said, I feel like I need to at least let you know where I'm coming from.

I gave Tuddle a shot on my show after he failed on Bubba's and Spice's show. When he left Spice, there was a great deal of acrimony. Spice and I had several conversations about Tuddle. I consider Spice a friend just as I considered Tuddle a friend. Spice hates him and feels he is a pathological liar. This is not the first time I've heard someone refer to Tuddle in this manner. Despite Tuddle's flaws, I have always had a soft spot for him. I value effort above nearly everything else and I know Tuddle tries very hard.

There are reasons that Tuddle has either flamed out or been canned from each of his radio ventures. Say what you will about him, you have to admit that he doesn't exactly fall into the mold of a smooth and talented on-air personality. I'm not saying that I do either, but I've found a way to carve out a career for myself. I fought to keep Tuddle on my show when I was encouraged to let him go. When Tuddle tried to quit my show the week before he was fired, I had no problem with it. I truly wanted him to focus on strengthening his marriage and getting his life together.

I knew when he backed out of Saw there would be huge consequences. When Bubba called my show, I could tell he was irate about it. I foolishly thought I could help mend the fences. Things quickly broke down and Tuddle cursed on my show. This, to ME, is inexcusable. That in and of itself was worth terminating him over. You don't have to agree and you can point out other hosts who have either cursed or allowed cursing...but I have the right to determine what is and isn't acceptable for my show. This is unacceptable regardless of what led up to it.

When he exacerbated the situation by calling our morning show host a "washed up hack", that pretty much sealed his fate. I knew he would be terminated and I had no problem with it. I am all about self-preservation and keeping my broadcasting career alive. I'm fortunate enough to have a great relationship with Bubba (and everyone else on our station). When they told me they were letting Tuddle go, I told them I agreed with their decision to do so. I have no problems with this at all but I understand if you do. Maybe you think I should have protested or "gotten Tuddle's back". I would respectfully disagree.

I spent 3 years out of radio and will do whatever I can to make sure that doesn't happen again. For Tuddle to go on the Monsters, a show he has trashed for years both on the air and off, and to say that I didn't have his back was a slap in the face to me. I invested a great deal in trying to help Tuddle grow as a radio personality and as a person, but his on-air actions that fateful day were inexcusable to me and to Cox radio.

If you think my show lost anything by Tuddle's departure, I respect that. I also disagree. Again, there's a reason it hasn't worked out for Tuddle in any of his stops along the way. I was foolish in thinking that he would understand that he was responsible for what he said that day and that he screwed up. I would have "had his back" if I felt his words/actions were worth defending. They weren't. I hope you'll understand but if you don't, I get it. He's been very interactive with you guys and earned your support. I appreciate you listening to my show and giving me this opportunity to clear the air.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #119
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the ins and outs of radio. To me, it's just an entertaining soap opera. I don't choose sides--I like it all. I appreciate both Drew and Tuddle interacting with us. It's cool that there are at least a couple personalities that care about the listeners. Drew has a good show and Tuddle will bounce back. He always does.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #120
Chob

No one recording the show? Oh crap.
Closed Thread

Tags
Drew Garabo, Drew hates John, Free Macaque, in your face with drew garabo