Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > The Kingdom

Notices

The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #76
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddle View Post
I'm going to tell her to sign up for the forum so she can chat the walking dead. If you guys want to talk to her on your podcast let me know she just said she would love to talk walking dead. She's on twitter. @KristinLFowler
I been following her since she was on your old show on IO

and yeah - tell her to sign up, we need more walking dead fans for the viewing thread!

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #77
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

here's what I want to know - we're three seasons in, so who have you come to hate or come to love on the show?

I didn't like the old lady (brenda?) fuck I can't remember her name. But she's grown on me and I still can't fucking stand the blonde chick who's with the ninja. I was honestly rooting for her to get bitten last year.

I can't believe they're writing hershel out so early. That character had miles of potential.

COD
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #78
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

My only complaint is they dragged out the Shane saga too long. I was dying to see that fucker get blasted. Also it would've been nice to see some shit that happened between the seasons. Are they really telling us it took them that long to find the fucking prison when we could clearly see it in that wide shot? And they're pretty much saying nothing noteworthy happened in those few months.

The time skip just seemed like an unnecessary narrative tool to speed up the pregnancy and make them badass walker slayers without having to show their progress.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #79
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
My only complaint is they dragged out the Shane saga too long. I was dying to see that fucker get blasted. Also it would've been nice to see some shit that happened between the seasons. Are they really telling us it took them that long to find the fucking prison when we could clearly see it in that wide shot? And they're pretty much saying nothing noteworthy happened in those few months.

The time skip just seemed like an unnecessary narrative tool to speed up the pregnancy and make them badass walker slayers without having to show their progress.
but they were travelled in a big circle around the area scavenging...

it is weird they never noticed it on a map or something and investigated.

That prison is weird just in the fact it's so secluded.

COD
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #80
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

vCash: 5000000
iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Hersch is only going to lose his foot.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
iobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #81
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I'm saying. Unless it was an old ass map and a pretty new prison I would think it would be labeled on there. You could hand wave it via writing by making it a new facility that was built during the outbreak/used for containment. But if they had been around the place that housed a notable prison for several months, you would think they would have found evidence of it sooner.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #82
iobane

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Prison was nestled between hills and the access road was gravel. Even the paved driveway was rampant with degradation and overgrowth. It's not unlikely that it was kept off a map a printed map and hard to find because of that.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #83
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by iobane View Post
Hersch is only going to lose his foot.
wait so you're saying since he was bitten but amputated he won't turn?

they've tried that - it doesn't work.

plus he's probably gonna die from blood loss anyways

COD
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #84
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by iobane View Post
Prison was nestled between hills and the access road was gravel. Even the paved driveway was rampant with degradation and overgrowth. It's not unlikely that it was kept off a map a printed map and hard to find because of that.
by that logic then it would stand to reason the prison was empty and not in use when the outbreak occurred..

we have a plot hole

COD
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #85
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
wait so you're saying since he was bitten but amputated he won't turn?

they've tried that - it doesn't work.

plus he's probably gonna die from blood loss anyways
How long would it take to travel through the rest of his bloodstream?

And holy shit, we're discussing logic in a fucking zombie show.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #86
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

it goes back to the supernatural zombies vs scientific zombies...

these are scientific so they must obey certain "laws"

COD
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #87
iobane

Well not all but some. If you're going to show a medical graph of the brain post zombification then you better stick to what you lay out.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #88
Chob

Plus that prison could've been abandoned for years and just recently put back in use because of the outbreak which would explain the decay.

I actually have yet to read any Walking Dead comics so I don't know if that's explained there or not. Was going to grab the Volume One hardcover.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #89
phatneck
people need to take i.q test before breeding.!

vCash: 8749766341
phatneck will become famous soon enoughphatneck will become famous soon enough

I wan't to know how the power is still on? And in the prison why don't they trap all the walkers into one yard and kill them?

I don't give a slack what you think!
phatneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #90
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatneck View Post
I wan't to know how the power is still on? And in the prison why don't they trap all the walkers into one yard and kill them?
where is there power?

the farm had a generator. The prison has no power.

They got to the middle fence of the prison and then killed all the walkers on the inside fence. Right now there are trapped in the prison (half the group). Hershel got fucked up by some walkers and lost his leg and then they found some survivors and..... cut to black

COD

Tags
Cancel this show, Shit Finale, Walking Dead, Walking Dead Thread