Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #586
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
Just heard the end of the DD, Thursday is going to be like walking on eggshells for me.
what happened? I was at the therapist getting stretched out.

COD
Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #587
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

vCash: 11573243
BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

After review of the audio, the stuff Spice said was an eye-opener. I know that I'm eager to talk to the fans and share my opinions and things of that nature, but I also know that every now and again, I get a little lengthy with the topic, and tend to vear off course. When Carl said no to having me on, I think he was saying that he likes me, but is under the opinion that I’m not behind the mic material. That being said, Spice said the same thing, I like his approach better, talk only when addressed.

"Nice throw Casey Anthony." - Stewie Griffin
Old 10-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #588
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

vCash: 5000000
PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
Just heard the end of the DD, Thursday is going to be like walking on eggshells for me.
Sounds like you, 25 and even Spice are in the same boat.

Lawrence, whether you know it or not, it's an overreaction, it's Bubba being a dick, sticking his nose in programming decisions when he said he wouldn't, not letting Spice do his job, not addressing something he is unhappy with in a professional manner. You have been improving on the air, and I have little doubt that you would continue to improve, given time and mentoring. It's a shame you're not likely going to get that opportunity.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #589
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
Here's why you're wrong about this:
Bubba has a ton of sponsors who would love to be guests on a show like the show formerly know as 488. People who pay good money for spots listen to that show and notice that this guy Mike has been on 2 weeks in a row, and his pawn shop is making money from the show and he hasn't had to spend a nickel.
Great way to lose sponsors, not to mention dissuade anyone from sponsoring any show on IO. This is what he meant by "not knowing" him.
Think about it.
Not that I think Mike's piss-ant pawn shop is disrupting the entire advertising model of radioIO, but I still think this was more of a ego-driven reaction than a business reaction by Bubba, and he STILL should have dealt with the issue professionally by having a private discussion with Spice, explaining to him why he thinks this is a bad idea, and allowing Spice to agree with him. Instead, he throws Spice under the bus, on the air, after he's said repeatedly that he would not get involved in programming decisions.

Not right.

Last edited by PeteFromPA; 10-19-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #590
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
Sounds like you, 25 and even Spice are in the same boat.

Lawrence, whether you know it or not, it's an overreaction, it's Bubba being a dick, sticking his nose in programming decisions when he said he wouldn't, not letting Spice do his job, not addressing something he is unhappy with in a professional manner. You have been improving on the air, and I have little doubt that you would continue to improve, given time and mentoring. It's a shame you're not likely going to get that opportunity.
Honestly, I think a major part of the problem is Bubba not being involved enough. But BL certainly got shrapnel. Again, yet another issue that could've been dealt better off air as to not throw him under the bus. It's funny to me, they have a guy there with an encyclopedic knowledge of the show and they can't figure out what to do with him. Go figure. And one that doesn't get paid anything to boot that stepped up to write recaps when no that got paid there was willing to do it.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #591
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Honestly, I think a major part of the problem is Bubba not being involved enough. But BL certainly got shrapnel. Again, yet another issue that could've been dealt better off air as to not throw him under the bus. It's funny to me, they have a guy there with an encyclopedic knowledge of the show and they can't figure out what to do with him. Go figure. And one that doesn't get paid anything to boot that stepped up to write recaps when no that got paid there was willing to do it.
Well, Bubba made Spice the program director, so he needs to let him do his job and if he has a problem with it, he needs to be fucking professional about it, talk to Spice privately about shit like what went down yesterday.

They did figure out what to do with Lawrence. He did the recaps. For whatever reasons, he didn't want to do them, so that was that. I don't think an "Ask Blind Lawrence" show is going to gain much traction. Maybe Bubba should just torture him every couple of months?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #592
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, Bubba made Spice the program director, so he needs to let him do his job and if he has a problem with it, he needs to be fucking professional about it, talk to Spice privately about shit like what went down yesterday.
That's not a concept Bubba understands. Plus it would keep him from jetting around to whatever obligation he to fulfill in 10 minutes.

Bubba said the radio show, specifically on IO, is what is going to make them "independent." Then Bubba needs to get involved more and stop treating it like a side project.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #593
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
That's not a concept Bubba understands. Plus it would keep him from jetting around to whatever obligation he to fulfill in 10 minutes.

Bubba said the radio show, specifically on IO, is what is going to make them "independent." Then Bubba needs to get involved more and stop treating it like a side project.
Just because Bubba doesn't understand it, doesn't make it right for him to do what he did.

He should, and can, concentrate on making the FM and Uncensored shows better. He should, and can, leave the other shows up to Spice. All he's doing by sticking his nose in there is stifling creativity, making a few of his dwindling number of employees afraid, emasculated and frustrated.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #594
Chob

Quote:
Just because Bubba doesn't understand it, doesn't make it right for him to do what he did.

He should, and can, concentrate on making the FM and Uncensored shows better. He should, and can, leave the other shows up to Spice. All he's doing by sticking his nose in there is stifling creativity, making a few of his dwindling number of employees afraid, emasculated and frustrated.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Oh I totally agree he was a dick to Spice. If Bubba says the other programming is his responsibility, than he shouldn't go over his head on air and make even more issues for Spice.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #595
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Internet tough guy laws.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #596
Chob

Let me get this straight. Someone was obviously savvy enough to e-mail the show, but she apparently can't use the goddamn internet to find out where Bubba is heard.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 AM   #597
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
Let me get this straight. Someone was obviously savvy enough to e-mail the show, but she apparently can't use the goddamn internet to find out where Bubba is heard.
Der der der der...
Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #598
Chob

I'll freeball it on Thursday, you know, to get in spirit of things.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #599
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Another rainy day, I blame milk.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #600
Spaz
BMF

vCash: 99742590428
Spaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll freeball it on Thursday, you know, to get in spirit of things.
:sfp:

Try me
Closed Thread

Tags
BRN, BTLSRadio, Bubba Army Radio, Bubba Clem, Dick Island, King of the Dicks, Radioio