Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #571
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

vCash: 5000000
iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Wait, bubba actually wanted Lawrence more involved, not off the DD. He sees some value in BL and wants to make more use of it. His point today was that they need to make more use of the people in the building. Spice agreed with this but there aren't a lot of people available. Spice just wants more people to step up and do what they need to do, or back up and admit that they can't do it so that they might be able to help and position someone there who can do it to do it.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #572
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

And spice's solution was because BL can't take visual cues. However, BL may not be able to snap up anything on a topic at the spur of the moment without hesitating or getting nervous, I wouldn't hold it against him.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #573
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Daily Debriefing show. Its modeled after the Wrap Up Show which I hated and never listened to but I listen to the Debriefing every day. So in my opinion they are doing a pretty good job. I did like it better when Miller was on it though.

ATL
Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #574
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissJug View Post
I like the Daily Debriefing show. Its modeled after the Wrap Up Show which I hated and never listened to but I listen to the Debriefing every day. So in my opinion they are doing a pretty good job. I did like it better when Miller was on it though.
I like it too, and I think 25 has done a nice job stepping up so far.

I'd love to know WTF happened with Tuddle yesterday afternoon. He was on Burke's show, then he was gone.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #575
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Burkake time.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #576
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
He really has to watch himself. I can see him Bob Levy-ing his career if he's not more careful and respectful of the people around him.
You ever check out Levy's internet show he does at 12 every day? Its pretty funny. Lots of ball busting and chat room interaction.

http://www.stickam.com/brickhouseradiolive

ATL
Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #577
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
You ever check out Levy's internet show he does at 12 every day? Its pretty funny. Lots of ball busting and chat room interaction.

I have, but honestly, after seeing Bob do stand-up (and laughing my BALLS off), I just can't watch him holed up in his house doing a fucking stickam show. His career has been a combination of him self-destructing, some really shitty luck, and being taken advantage of. He's got way more talent than success.

Maybe I should give it a shot again. I fucking miss the guy.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #578
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Hey Lawrence, thanks for hooking a brother up with Cynthia.

I hope things calm down at the BRN and go ok for you.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #579
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
4) Bubba's proclamation that nobody will be on his air unless he meets them is just more of that "me me me" bullshit. He put Spice in charge. Let Spice deal with shit, and voice any concerns to him instead of stepping all the fuck over him.
Here's why you're wrong about this:
Bubba has a ton of sponsors who would love to be guests on a show like the show formerly know as 488. People who pay good money for spots listen to that show and notice that this guy Mike has been on 2 weeks in a row, and his pawn shop is making money from the show and he hasn't had to spend a nickel.
Great way to lose sponsors, not to mention dissuade anyone from sponsoring any show on IO. This is what he meant by "not knowing" him.
Think about it.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #580
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I used to stop by as much as I could but when he got that radio gig the schedule got all fucked up. I haven't caught it since Shannon and Leger went fulltime.

COD
Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #581
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
Here's why you're wrong about this:
Bubba has a ton of sponsors who would love to be guests on a show like the show formerly know as 488. People who pay good money for spots listen to that show and notice that this guy Mike has been on 2 weeks in a row, and his pawn shop is making money from the show and he hasn't had to spend a nickel.
Great way to lose sponsors, not to mention dissuade anyone from sponsoring any show on IO. This is what he meant by "not knowing" him.
Think about it.
yeah but you shouldn't be able to just buy your way onto a show either kinda like that hot rawks chick did... and that turned out to be a pretty boring segment IMO

COD
Old 10-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #582
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

vCash: 11573243
BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hey Lawrence, thanks for hooking a brother up with Cynthia.

I hope things calm down at the BRN and go ok for you.
No problem, I just read back through the thread. I know that I'm not exactly on air material, I'm more of a support guy.

"Nice throw Casey Anthony." - Stewie Griffin
Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #583
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
No problem, I just read back through the thread. I know that I'm not exactly on air material, I'm more of a support guy.
stewie promo's and bumpers - say it!

COD
Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #584
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ View Post
I say BL does it
I like the idea, but it's going to stay that way.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #585
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

Just heard the end of the DD, Thursday is going to be like walking on eggshells for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
BRN, BTLSRadio, Bubba Army Radio, Bubba Clem, Dick Island, King of the Dicks, Radioio