Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #31
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
Unfortunately, because of all the motherfucking bubba has done over the past years, the audience is gonna blame him (bubba) whether he deserves it or not. Very telling in itself right there about everyones mindset.
Yeah that's the big thing. With all the people Bubba's had issues with and him saying he knows the real story behind everything and we don't, combined with his refusal to go into detail, combined with how much of the show is works and iggies and things said just to get under people's skin (see the MJ trial revelations) people are just going to assume he's constantly working us, regardless of how truthful he's being at any given point.

And given his penchant for flipping out on people like Jared or Jake or Mike Calta or the BMS guys and so on, and assuming everything is this big controversy to fuck him, or in house squabbles like the Frank, Pantera, and 25 situations, he has a reputation for losing his shit. Burke can tell people to chill out all he wants, but people are going to assume Bubba is in the wrong at this point. And that's something we've all been guilty of if we're honest.

Either way, I don't appreciate Shannon telling everyone not to "disrespect" Bubba on Twitter or "anywhere." I get he's covering his ass but the show brings up other people's dirty laundry constantly and never gives them privacy or the benefit of the doubt. And they've egged the listeners on to pry in such business situations. The issue with Mr. Bob's ex-producer comes to mind. Not that the issues are anything like one another in details, but you get my point.

If anything us lowly marks have to say gets Shannon blowback, there's very much an issue with who he's getting blowback from. It's a very public issue and given the nature of what they do and the type of shows they put on, along with the audience they attract and what they like about the shows, they can't honestly expect everyone to take the high road.

If they address this in an open and honest manner on Monday they have my respect. At this point I'd plead to everyone that makes decisions at the BRN to let cooler heads prevail. Shannon brings a lot to both shows and is the saving grace of radioIO for a lot of people, myself included.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 AM   #32
solant

vCash: 5000000
solant is on a distinguished road

Whatever bubba says I can guaranty you he will spin it to blah blah shannon did xy and z.. With a 99.999% certainty I can say bubba barked at shando one too many times and shannon gave him the double tall me (which bubba deserves on a daily) I was a cunt hair away from dropping the show when Brent left but Shannon and ledges show kept me around.. bubba is lazy and it comes across as he is uninterested in radio any more. Shannon brought life back to the show and for the most part he didnt kiss the monsters ass. Just like the other day when he was talking about bringing stunts back. All he did was go to the well again and try to rehash old ideas.. us that have been here forever have already heard this stuff ( well at least he is out of his homo mutilation faze to all the fringe employees). I know I am kind of rambling and dont type well but you get the idea. Maybe we should try to send a couple letters in support of Shannon. Not bashing bubba but just making points on why we love shannon on the show. As much as I dont like spice he made the show interesting and shannon kind of filled those shoes. I dont want to listen to a show full of bubba ass kissers. I have been so loyal to this show I dont know anything else... does anyone know of another good morning show? I really dont care about the parody aspect anymore. Mike is good but how many times can you listen to him take Brass Monkey and change it to a bit.
solant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #33
solant

solant is on a distinguished road

fuck double post.. sorry

Last edited by solant; 05-15-2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: del
solant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #34
TJGoSurf

TJGoSurf is on a distinguished road

Could this have to do with Shannon's ex wife suing him?
TJGoSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #35
1c

vCash: 15034102362677
1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solant View Post
Whatever bubba says I can guaranty you he will spin it to blah blah shannon did xy and z.. With a 99.999% certainty I can say bubba barked at shando one too many times and shannon gave him the double tall me (which bubba deserves on a daily) I was a cunt hair away from dropping the show when Brent left but Shannon and ledges show kept me around.. bubba is lazy and it comes across as he is uninterested in radio any more. Shannon brought life back to the show and for the most part he didnt kiss the monsters ass. Just like the other day when he was talking about bringing stunts back. All he did was go to the well again and try to rehash old ideas.. us that have been here forever have already heard this stuff ( well at least he is out of his homo mutilation faze to all the fringe employees). I know I am kind of rambling and dont type well but you get the idea. Maybe we should try to send a couple letters in support of Shannon. Not bashing bubba but just making points on why we love shannon on the show. As much as I dont like spice he made the show interesting and shannon kind of filled those shoes. I dont want to listen to a show full of bubba ass kissers. I have been so loyal to this show I dont know anything else... does anyone know of another good morning show? I really dont care about the parody aspect anymore. Mike is good but how many times can you listen to him take Brass Monkey and change it to a bit.
1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #36
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solant View Post
does anyone know of another good morning show? I really dont care about the parody aspect anymore. Mike is good but how many times can you listen to him take Brass Monkey and change it to a bit.
Some of us have been listening to The Monsters which Tuddle now produces on real radio 104.1fm

not sure how to describe it. It's upbeat anyways. And there is a redneck who sings drunken songs so that kinda matches the manson element.

one drawback though is the heavy commercial load.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #37
Thanos

vCash: 10621959
Thanos will become famous soon enough

I've been in and out with listening to Bubba for the past two years. Nothing consistent, but I listen from time to time to refresh myself. I can see not much has changed in terms of drama. Sigh... I miss the Sirius days (and Brent).

Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
RadioIO Shannon, Rick, RickJ, RickJBTLS, Shannon Burke Fired, Shannon Burke Show, The Shannon Burke