Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #286
radiopirate
Lover, not fighter.

vCash: 5000000
radiopirate is on a distinguished road

Forget the whole "We are Ludlow"...... We are MilkMan!

Bouncing signals since 1997
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #287
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopirate View Post
Forget the whole "We are Ludlow"...... We are MilkMan!
Now we're talkin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #288
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

:icwhatudidthere:

COD
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #289
NY_FTE
Verbal Human Bumper Sticker

NY_FTE will become famous soon enough

k im out catch yas later
Old 11-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #290
radiopirate
Lover, not fighter.

radiopirate is on a distinguished road

30 minutes on hold with the state of FL. Somehow, this is Bane's fault.

Bouncing signals since 1997
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #291
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Good thing Tom Bean aint in charge of merch! No one would get anything nor hear anything from him! What say you Cpt?
No fuckin shit Milk, you nailed it. Refund update!!! I have now been chucked to the weeds by Spice and Greg from IO as well. I now have no one I can contact over there at all... What a load of Horse Sheeeit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #292
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopirate View Post
30 minutes on hold with the state of FL. Somehow, this is Bane's fault.
Wouldn't be the first.

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #293
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
No fuckin shit Milk, you nailed it. Refund update!!! I have now been chucked to the weeds by Spice and Greg from IO as well. I now have no one I can contact over there at all... What a load of Horse Sheeeit.
so why don't we sell your EE?

contact those guys and find out how you transfer the stock and I'll buy your EE

for a pro-rated amount of course

COD
Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #294
Nicolas_Gerz
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

Nicolas_Gerz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
no one should talk to his ex - what are you some creepy fucking stalker?

the chick is last weeks news - if you are a fan of the SHOW - who he's married or divorced to doesn't even come into it

see this is where all the butthurt's go wrong - thinking they are something special or close to the show - stay the fuck back and be a FAN, not a STALKER

2. - I don't look at ludlows tweets - nor do I give a fuck about his shitty campaign. It's oldhat motherfucker - we've moved on and so should he lest he look even more creepy and stalkerish
First post here, been lurking, figured i'd comment.

sadly I've actually been reading this twitter crap back and forth, I get bored at work.

I quoted your post because I agree with the whole "just be a fucking fan" thing. Bubba's been his own worst enemy when it comes to this, he's become too accessible. He should take lessons from Howard and just do his show regardless of what people think on twitter or forums, at the end of the day there are always gonna be people that hate some part of the show.

Bubba's shows aren't as good as in the past, he barely seems to even give a shit. However, if you don't like it, change the channel and go about your life.

This ludlow guy isn't just a fan, he's playing a game with Bubba more likely with Heather. Anyone ever think that Bubba doesn't know how to handle the fact that he failed in another relationship/marriage and now he's got some guy rubbing it in his face. Bubba's obviously not a very well thought out person, very reactionary maybe even stupid ok pretty stupid.

I guess, as a fan, it's one thing to state your opinion and say what you hate about the show. It's another thing to play games with someone in the middle of a pending divorce when none of us really know or should know anything about. If Heather is indeed playing these games too it just shows how pathetic of a person she is. Of course I'm not saying Bubba's an angel, I'm sure he's done plenty of shady shit but at the end of the day it just doesn't concern me. I have things going on in my life where the BTLS radio show is just that, a radio show.

Bubba's biggest mistake was giving this Ludlow any attention, the guys entire twitter is non stop bubba the love sponge all day long, you want to talk about pathetic?

Oh and all his freedom of speech bullshit? I posted a comment on one of his blog posts and it never got posted, the admins must not of felt it served their purpose.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #295
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas_Gerz View Post
First post here, been lurking, figured i'd comment.

sadly I've actually been reading this twitter crap back and forth, I get bored at work.

I quoted your post because I agree with the whole "just be a fucking fan" thing. Bubba's been his own worst enemy when it comes to this, he's become too accessible. He should take lessons from Howard and just do his show regardless of what people think on twitter or forums, at the end of the day there are always gonna be people that hate some part of the show.

Bubba's shows aren't as good as in the past, he barely seems to even give a shit. However, if you don't like it, change the channel and go about your life.

This ludlow guy isn't just a fan, he's playing a game with Bubba more likely with Heather. Anyone ever think that Bubba doesn't know how to handle the fact that he failed in another relationship/marriage and now he's got some guy rubbing it in his face. Bubba's obviously not a very well thought out person, very reactionary maybe even stupid ok pretty stupid.

I guess, as a fan, it's one thing to state your opinion and say what you hate about the show. It's another thing to play games with someone in the middle of a pending divorce when none of us really know or should know anything about. If Heather is indeed playing these games too it just shows how pathetic of a person she is. Of course I'm not saying Bubba's an angel, I'm sure he's done plenty of shady shit but at the end of the day it just doesn't concern me. I have things going on in my life where the BTLS radio show is just that, a radio show.

Bubba's biggest mistake was giving this Ludlow any attention, the guys entire twitter is non stop bubba the love sponge all day long, you want to talk about pathetic?

Oh and all his freedom of speech bullshit? I posted a comment on one of his blog posts and it never got posted, the admins must not of felt it served their purpose.
Hey now and Welcome!

well said.

COD
Old 11-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #296
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bubba's been his own worst enemy when it comes to this, he's become too accessible.
Perfectly put. People have pointed it out to him, even he acknowledged and told someone they were dead on when they told him so on Twitter.

Bubba has unrealistic expectations in thinking that people he meets and gives the VIP treatment to should never make known an issue they have with the show. While he's generous to people, it in no way means people should somehow lose their right to express an opinion as long as they remain respectful. If they trash the guy and take cheap personal shots at him after he showed them kindness, that's a different story altogether.

And that attitude has alienated countless former fans/friends. Then you get the other people, the kind that pump up anything he does and constantly blow smoke up his ass and then he marks out to them, and then they get a big head and start buying their own hype, and then you have problems. It's been a cycle over the past five years. Now you're starting to see the latter turn on Bubba over the Stiefel thing.

What's happening now is the logical extension of what kept happening the past few years. Now the platform Twitter provides allows a ton of people to pile on. People seeing they can get under his skin and then revel in the attention, or people jockeying for position and trying to get Bubba's affection.

I hope he is genuine about focusing on the shows and trying to leave the drama behind because he's losing a lot of the middle of the road fans with all this.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #297
Nicolas_Gerz
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

Nicolas_Gerz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome, been lurking here for awhile. I like this board for the fact that it's good conversation about the show, bad or good

Just finished listening to today's io show and heard that "Lyle" call on Ledge's show. These guys really are delusional in believing everyone cares about this war on the internets. I loved the way he was handled and rightfully so.

Honestly, I listen to the shows these days for Manson and Spice. Those are the guys I relate the most to and feel are the backbone of the show. I do believe Bubba is a necessity though, like him or not the show is alot different when he isn't around.

I do like Bubba, as an entertainer, don't know the guy personally. It's easy to highlight the flaws of someone that broadcasts their life over the airways and chastise them about it. Turned the other way around, well, I'm glad I'm not on radio lol. One things for sure, I wouldn't engage people in internet wars, I did when I was younger but now I think I'd slap myself in the face if I even thought about it.

Last edited by Nicolas_Gerz; 11-29-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #298
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, been lurking here for awhile. I like this board for the fact that it's good conversation about the show, bad or good

Just finished listening to today's io show and heard that "Lyle" call on Ledge's show. These guys really are delusional in believing everyone cares about this war on the internets. I loved the way he was handled and rightfully so.

Honestly, I listen to the shows these days for Manson and Spice. Those are the guys I relate the most to and feel are the backbone of the show. I do believe Bubba is a necessity though, like him or not the show is alot different when he isn't around.

I do like Bubba, as an entertainer, don't know the guy personally. It's easy to highlight the flaws of someone that broadcasts their life over the airways and chastise them about it. Turned the other way around, well, I'm glad I'm not on radio lol. One things for sure, I wouldn't engage people in internet wars, I did when I was younger but now I think I'd slap myself in the face if I even thought about it.
I've always related to spice the most myself.

I like bubba's approach to radio and the fact that you really never ever know what the fuck is a shoot or a rib... I've always thought of the show as the "wrestling" show of radio and that's what drew me in. Just look at the great ned debate... still raging after all these years.

That and Ned's calls - the very first thing I heard was a ned only cd and I was just like - where the fuck did this come from and my buddy was like "this show from howards station"... few weeks after that I was convinced to sub up to sirius.

glad you like the place.

COD
Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #299
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you decided to join up. Tuddle decribed the board once as "fair" which I would hope is a description many would agree with. From the beginning I wanted to have a place where people wouldn't actively look for shit to complain about nor attempt to gain negative attention to themselves. At the same time if there is a legit complaint, people should feel comfortable posting it. When you take away the people fighting their little internet wars, trying to get noticed, etc., there's a lot of us left that merely tune in everyday wanting to hear a kick ass show.

While Bubba has been a bit too concerned about what random people on the internet have said for years now, it's never gotten to this point. I'll be the first to tell anyone they shouldn't take anything said here seriously, especially from me. I'd love to see a Bubba that gives zero fucks about Twitter like he did when he didn't know what Twitter was.

We don't know where he's going to next year, but in my opinion this is a make or break year for the BRN. With the divorce finalized, a potential second shot at ramping up syndication and a new FM contract, and of course radioIO trying to get better established as a content provider, along with the ever present intentions to get into TV, I hope the attitude Bubba expressed to focus on the important shit is genuine.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #300
Chob

Oh, on the matter of Ledge and Burke. They want nothing to do with this shit, and rightfully so. They're trying to show up everyday and do the show they want to do. Of course everything is a goddamn conspiracy. I doubt Bubba is telling Ledge what do say and do when they haven't even been in the same room for 5 years.

That revelation took me by surprise.
Closed Thread

Tags
BRN, BTLS, BTLSRadio, bubba the love sponge, Dick island real estate, Radioio