Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Post What vacation programming do you want to hear?

So, reaction is mixed (ok, mostly negative) to replay selections, and at certain points the automated Bubba Two system just plays canned bits from the system until milkman e-mails Greg and asks where the shows are. So yes there are show downloads to listen to, for those whose plan includes them anyway, but my question is, what do all of YOU want to hear on vacations? Be it old shows, newer shows, favorite Sirius moments, a fill in host, etc.?

Personally I'd like a format to FM best of shows of the past, circa 2008 FM, where there wasn't as much current FM material to replay. These days they have the ability to play anything in their catalog. Mix it up, 98 Rock, Sirius moments, some recent FM stuff. I'm more likely to stay tuned in if I don't know what's coming next rather than a random old show. Bring back the back office staff hosted best ofs and let them add their commentary. The Debriefing crew is talented as hell.

Of course we have to take into consideration everything going on at the BRN. For what Howard 101 does right, we have to keep in mind there's a dedicated tapes team, while everyone at the BRN has a lot on their plate. So tell me, if you had it your way, how would you transform vacation programming from something you dread, to something you'd make it a point to listen to?

I want to hear from EVERYONE, especially newer members that perhaps haven't posted much.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radioio bubba