Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I get what you're saying though.
it's not them that don't have credibility - it's their wacky guests like Gary Spivy

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
a nikki sixx or a dee snider would be great, but they got jobs.
NO NO NO

NO MORE RECYCLED ROCKER RADIO

COD
Old 05-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
PACanesfan
Custom User Title

vCash: 5000000
PACanesfan will become famous soon enoughPACanesfan will become famous soon enough

Riley Martin - Bubba could easily double his Sirius salary.
Scotty Ferrall - Perfect fit
O&A - Hear me out. O&A have an audience. They are radio guys. Give them a show and let the O&A pests subscribe to RadioIo. Io would get thousands of more subscribers, which will give even more money for talent and show that Io is here to stay and serious about music and talk programming.

On the music side, they need to clean up some of the stations. They are TOO genre specific. There isn't much difference between Chill and Chill Lounge for example.
PACanesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACanesfan View Post
O&A - Hear me out. O&A have an audience. They are radio guys. Give them a show and let the O&A pests subscribe to RadioIo. Io would get thousands of more subscribers, which will give even more money for talent and show that Io is here to stay and serious about music and talk programming.
I agree, as long as their programming stays on a separate channel and Ron and Fez are part of the deal. I doubt they'd ever be into it though. Plus they have a lot of tech savvy friends and would probably just build their own network.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #20
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
it's not them that don't have credibility - it's their wacky guests like Gary Spivy
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKC8d_KWk6s"]YouTube - Mr. Wonderful meets Gary Spivey[/ame]
Old 05-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #21
Chob

He has radio experience, so why not Mick Foley? What's a stiff punch between friends?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

vCash: 11573243
BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I agree, as long as their programming stays on a separate channel and Ron and Fez are part of the deal. I doubt they'd ever be into it though. Plus they have a lot of tech savvy friends and would probably just build their own network.
From what I've heard, Fez has been down in the dumps, Ron has been holding down the fort lately. Ron used to be in this town ages ago, the other Ron from The ron and ron show has his own show on a local sports station.

"Nice throw Casey Anthony." - Stewie Griffin
BlindLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #23
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
From what I've heard, Fez has been down in the dumps, Ron has been holding down the fort lately. Ron used to be in this town ages ago, the other Ron from The ron and ron show has his own show on a local sports station.
It's been a while since I listened, but it was like that back then too. It's a shame, Fez can be one of the funniest, most talented guys on the radio, but he has a lot of issues he's been struggling with.

And I'll add Henry Rollins to this ongoing list we have here.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #24
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACanesfan View Post
On the music side, they need to clean up some of the stations. They are TOO genre specific. There isn't much difference between Chill and Chill Lounge for example.
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I think the niche music programming is one of radioIO's strengths. I don't think cutting what brought them to the dance would go over well. We saw how that went with Sirius XM post merger and how pissed off people were.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #25
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

Kevin Gaspar is on a distinguished road

I would love to see Scott Ferrall and Phil Hendrie. I agree on the Bubba 3 channel. I think Bubba 2 should be a loop of the uncensored IO shows and Debriefing. I think Shannon Burke for afternoons and Drew for evenings . I even want to hear more Tuddle. I really hope it becomes a place where former Clear Channel/Sirius XM talent can go and be respected.

I think there should be a Talk only plan on IO, I can do without the music (and cost of royalties)
Also, I think basically anyone who can bring in a few thousand subscribers should get a show on a pay tier. Like for instance pay a base subscription price for IO Talk (8-10$) and add on shows/channels for between 1-2$ Someone like Riley Martin could easily get 3-5000 subscribers and make a pretty good living.
Kevin Gaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #26
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gaspar View Post
I would love to see Scott Ferrall and Phil Hendrie. I agree on the Bubba 3 channel. I think Bubba 2 should be a loop of the uncensored IO shows and Debriefing. I think Shannon Burke for afternoons and Drew for evenings . I even want to hear more Tuddle. I really hope it becomes a place where former Clear Channel/Sirius XM talent can go and be respected.

I think there should be a Talk only plan on IO, I can do without the music (and cost of royalties)
Also, I think basically anyone who can bring in a few thousand subscribers should get a show on a pay tier. Like for instance pay a base subscription price for IO Talk (8-10$) and add on shows/channels for between 1-2$ Someone like Riley Martin could easily get 3-5000 subscribers and make a pretty good living.
so kinda like pay per view radio?

or well... like getting hbo extra..

I like that.. then if you don't like a channels line up - you don't get that tier...

but then you risk say putting on a sports channel where people like ferrall - but may not like the other people on the station... could be a catch 22?

COD
Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #27
Chob

With Early Enlistment it would be problematic adding tiers like that if people who are paid up for three years were not given access to those channels.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #28
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

From what Ive heard, there aren't many of us early enlisters, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I think O and A were on some kind of tier on XM, so it would be something like that. I think Bubba might have burned too many bridges with radio talent IE: O and A, Ron and Fez, Lex and Terry, Jason Ellis, Jay Thomas. But you never know.... Sirius seems to be fucking talent over worse than Clear Channel did.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #29
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gaspar View Post
From what Ive heard, there aren't many of us early enlisters, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I think O and A were on some kind of tier on XM, so it would be something like that. I think Bubba might have burned too many bridges with radio talent IE: O and A, Ron and Fez, Lex and Terry, Jason Ellis, Jay Thomas. But you never know.... Sirius seems to be fucking talent over worse than Clear Channel did.
Weren't estimates at 2000+ considering "almost $1 million" was made off the Early Enlistment promotion? I just think asking for more cash at this point is a bad idea, especially when some people regard the service as too expensive now.

Bubba and Lex and Terry kissed and made up much to Spaz's chagrin. And Brent is related to Fez and those shows have no problem with one another.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #30
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

3100 or so early enlisters. I hoped for 20,000. I guess if they got kicked off of all testicle radio affiliates and went to IO full time, they might hit numbers like those. Hopefully Randy and Marc Chase are putting deals in place behind the scenes, both with talent and with automakers/vendors. I think the internet is the future and i really like how Bubba mixed Live Internet Radio broadcasts and podcasts/downloads. I think IO could lure talent in by letting them own it, and letting fans download it or listen live.