Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Archive > Thread Archive

Notices

Thread Archive Old Show Threads

Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #226
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
It's not free, but psychologically since people are paying for the devices and internet access, that doesn't seem like a "fee."

Audible only has a few radio shows from XM. It's mostly Audiobooks they sell. But podcasts in general are starting to appeal to many more people than they used to.

Satellite radio still has great potential, but they have to adapt quickly.
ok well here's my two cents on the whole podcast thing -

I used to listen to almost every podcast I could get my hands on before sirius - smodcast, music, interviews, radio shows - but I got real fuckin sick of downloading the shit all the time..

yeah you can set it automatically so it grabs new episodes - but I would go online and try to do something - oh guess what - itunes is updating 16 feeds - so I had to either stop them, or wait - to surf the net - itunes is a bandwidth whore...

or I could not update them automatically and then i got WAY behind

the kidd chris podcast? I grabbed 3 or 4 and that was it - I couldn't be bothered...

Sirius - I turn on the unit - turn on my stereo - forget about it - move on

on the internet - you gotta load the page, hope it isn't locked up or net congestion, sign up, get spammed, shitty 32kbps or lower streams - or streams so large you have to have fiber optic to play it....

there needs to be an internet standards and practices bill set forth for all streamed music and video - allowing for only so many codecs and file extensions... if something new comes out - put out a free converter and discontinue the old shiz...

I am fired the fuck up!

COD
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #227
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

vCash: 5000000
Shag will become famous soon enough

Someone need a hug?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #228
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post
Sirius - I turn on the unit - turn on my stereo - forget about it - move on
That's best part I agree.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #229
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Someone need a hug?
yes, where is Gary?

but since u offered - hug me bitch! doit!

lol

My thing is - I have net ADD - something new is always coming along new shows, applications, sites - like grooveshark - for a while I used it daily - not I couldn't tell u my password

I just think that podcasting is not the future and it will ultimately lead Bubba to lose a major portion of his audience in time as they lose interest..

now the idea of adding the podcast to bubbaraw I like a lot - as long as it is a FULL archive - so you can get a show u missed.. that I agree with - but he still needs to be on satellite and FM (live for both - lets move him already sirius)

and to get bubba moved - everyone should write and call....

wait for it....

Howard Stern... that's who has to give the ok first... then management.

COD
Old 08-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #230
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

I like Ned's version of this song better!! Much better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #231
milkman
Rock Star

milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Howard Stern... that's who has to give the ok first... then management.
I agree Howard prolly has say in what talent is on the show, but do you think he has any say in how much Sirius will pay that talent?

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #232
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

vCash: 5000000
Shag will become famous soon enough

Consider yourself hugged! I know nothing about podcasts but sounds like a nightmare. I just turn on my Sirius unit and wholehouse fm transmitter and away I go. I just listen to kidd chris on his site after Bubba through his player usually a day behind.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #233
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

it's not about pay - just transfereing him to be live in the morning on say 108 and then replay at 3 still on 101

COD
Old 08-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #234
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

give him a little extra to simulcast - which is merely plugging in and ride out this current contract on a new station and 101

COD
Old 08-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #235
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
it's not about pay - just transfereing him to be live in the morning on say 108 and then replay at 3 still on 101
Oh you mean broadcast his FM morning show live?

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #236
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just think that podcasting is not the future and it will ultimately lead Bubba to lose a major portion of his audience in time as they lose interest..
That's not happening anytime soon. With the increased effort on spreading the word online about the show, and with all the podcast talk it's about time to get an FM show archive up already. That will serve as a good test run to gauge interest.

But there's still FM and what they can offer next time, and for now there's still satellite exposure and there's no reason to think they can't at least cut a syndication deal for satellite when this contract is up.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #237
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

First ever LIVE ESPN program from the White House...................Nascar Now!

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #238
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
First ever LIVE ESPN program from the White House...................Nascar Now!
Obama tryin to win over the rednecks??

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #239
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Oh you mean broadcast his FM morning show live?
I've been saying they should do that since January 2008.

Apparently Raw Dog has a "morning show" of some kind now. On 108 they could easily move Vinnie Politan to a different slot or channel. He's kind of the odd man out in that line up with Covino and Rich and Jay Thomas.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #240
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I've been saying they should do that since January 2008.

Apparently Raw Dog has a "morning show" of some kind now. On 108 they could easily move Vinnie Politan to a different slot or channel. He's kind of the odd man out in that line up with Covino and Rich and Jay Thomas.
I don't think Howard would EVER go for that while he is still on!!

Quote:
nah milk's right.