Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > The Kingdom

Notices

The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #211
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT double postin like a boss

ATL
PissJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #212
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissJug View Post
they have Christmas in Canada?
it was last month
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #213
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
This guy makes a good point - survival is easily relatable to
Exactly. Survival is huge, look at those shows with people in the wild. Honestly I think the horror/zombie aspect is probably detrimental to it's popularity because you have people, like a few unnamed self proclaimed manly men on here , that can't look past that.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #214
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Exactly. Survival is huge, look at those shows with people in the wild. Honestly I think the horror/zombie aspect is probably detrimental to it's popularity because you have people, like a few unnamed self proclaimed manly men on here , that can't look past that.
yeah the zombies is simply a tool of the over-all message of the show... it could be a nuke/mutants type universe but the same core problems and struggles are the same
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #215
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

damn this guy just missed on huge roles. That sucks
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #216
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Plus you have the doomsday preppers, an economic depression, etc. It just hits all the right notes today and now Kirkman is swimming in money. I don't think anyone expected the show to be the fucking phenomenon it is. I keep hoping it'll influence people to take a chance on more comic based shows. 100 Bullets is still planned for Showtime, and while it's on a premium channel, I think it has potential to be big. And there's a Y: The Last Man series in the works that could get a lot of the same audience as TWD.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #217
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

props to this guy for calling it a graphic novel
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #218
Chob

But I totally get what Tuddle's saying, people are disconnected from the most basic of human instincts, shit's easier than ever, people are attached to their electronics 24/7. I think a part of the popularity of the show is a subconscious desire to return to simpler times.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #219
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

dude when was the last time you spent the day with no power?

fuck the old days
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #220
Chob

Quote:
props to this guy for calling it a graphic novel
What, The Walking Dead? It's an ongoing series. I use the term GN to describe self contained stories in one volume. I don't even refer to Watchmen as a GN, because it was originally a limited series. Calling everything a "graphic novel" is pretentious to me.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #221
Chob

Quote:
dude when was the last time you spent the day with no power?

fuck the old days
Every winter at least once. Remember the ice storm a few years ago that had me offline for days?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #222
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
What, The Walking Dead? It's an ongoing series. I use the term GN to describe self contained stories in one volume. I don't even refer to Watchmen as a GN, because it was originally a limited series. Calling everything a "graphic novel" is pretentious to me.
no graphic novel implies there is an end to the series - it may be ongoing while it is published (though a lot of the time it's not) but to me it says the writers have a story to tell... unlike comics which are pliable and just keep going and going telling different tales about a character
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #223
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Every winter at least once. Remember the ice storm a few years ago that had me offline for days?
and was it fun or did it suck cock?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #224
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

rob zombie is doing a sports movie?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #225
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

vCash: 5000000
Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

this guy is awesome
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 Ds, activate the plan, gustavo almadovar, Kristen, The Mixx, voldemort, Walking Dead, You Follow Me, You gon' get Tuddled, Zombies