Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #2056
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
First smart web related decision he's made. Although the Bubba Raw redesign deserves props as well, but he had nothing to do with it. Not only Bubba Raw, but look at the BRP website. They have the capability to put something decent looking together, but they just can't seem to do it with the mess of shit that is btls.com.
Well Bubba did say he was thinkin about gettin the dude that does BRP to take over btls. But with no show, what will the point be? Needs to concentrate on his show first and foremost, which IMO he is not doing, which is what started this convo I believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #2057
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
I don't know anything about his financials to make a real analysis. But to me, ALL this ancillary shit he does, that he calls promotion, should be cut out. Spend it on real promotion!!

How many billboards in how many cities could he have got for what he paid for that cream machine? I have no idea as to what billboards cost, but he is up to about $40 G on that truck. How much has that made a difference? He takes it where people who listen to him see it. Except the fair. Then he sold his Chicken dip!! How much did that promote the show? none.. people who saw it already know his show is on!!

I don't know. Bubba is a pretty smart biz dude, but things he does seems his priorities are too scattered IMO!!
That's the kinda shit I'm talking about. I have to somewhat question his business approach. Humor me for a minute. If you have been a fan for a while you will remember how many businesses he has been a part of (i.e. Planet bubba, Bubba's beach club, various other things he has lent his name to) none of them have any kind of staying power. Plus most ended with him loosing an assload of money in the process, so history would dictate that the current things he is involved with will end in the same way... The only constant is the radio show he uses to pimp these side projects ad-naseum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #2058
milkman
Rock Star

milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
That's the kinda shit I'm talking about. I have to somewhat question his business approach. Humor me for a minute. If you have been a fan for a while you will remember how many businesses he has been a part of (i.e. Planet bubba, Bubba's beach club, various other things he has lent his name to) none of them have any kind of staying power. Plus most ended with him loosing an assload of money in the process, so history would dictate that the current things he is involved with will end in the same way... The only constant is the radio show he uses to pimp these side projects ad-naseum.
Yepper!! All failed!! nightclubs with Fabreezi, yet in another one as an example. And it always seems sumthin is wrong with his businesses. Perfect example!!

Bubba's BEACH club in Ybor City...a beach club in the middle of the city, yet you weren't even allowed in if wearing flip flops or tank tops!!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #2059
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good point, well said.
I just think it's a bit premature at this point to run around like the sky is falling. People have been forecasting the death (many people actively hoping for it) of the BRN since the first contract was running out in 2007. They have a built in fan base and a guaranteed platform to broadcast on and do fine in several markets.

Also I must be fucking crazy or something because I seem to be the only one that doesn't think the shows suck lately and have been more consistently good than when they started. At least it's not "when are you going back on Sirius?" every fucking call.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #2060
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
At least it's not "when are you going back on Sirius?" every fucking call.
No, the calls are much worse than that now!!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #2061
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

vCash: 5000000
PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I just think it's a bit premature at this point to run around like the sky is falling. People have been forecasting the death (many people actively hoping for it) of the BRN since the first contract was running out in 2007. They have a built in fan base and a guaranteed platform to broadcast on and do fine in several markets.

Also I must be fucking crazy or something because I seem to be the only one that doesn't think the shows suck lately and have been more consistently good than when they started. At least it's not "when are you going back on Sirius?" every fucking call.
No, that would be you and me, Chob. I think the shows have been really good. The quality is back, as far as I'm concerned. I'm excited about the future, but yeah, when he's talking about even considering asking for pay cuts from the main guys, I get worried.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #2062
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

vCash: 11573243
BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Good afternoon. Heard Bubba say that they would've done in 25th anniversary in radio boxset, but Big Dick got fired, I wonder how this would've been different from The Wonka set?

"Nice throw Casey Anthony." - Stewie Griffin
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #2063
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as negative Chob, that is not my intent and probably not the intent of anyone else on here. I love the show. I have been listening since the power pig days of the early 90's when I was in high school and the years he was off terrestrially here in Tampa were some of the worst ever. I just think we all expect a lot more out of him since we know the great shit they are capable of and I frankly haven't seen it in a while unfortunatly. Nothing would make me more happy than to come on here and put the BRN over, but I gotta be true to myself and not blindly mark out just for the sake of marking out.

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #2064
milkman
Rock Star

Would also be interesting to know, though we never will, nor do they prolly, but how many "new" subs have they got from the ancillary shows...IE Garabo, Burke, Diaco's, etc. My guess is very few, if any at all!!

Can't keep paying more people, assuming most of them get paid sumthin, without more income. Other than his non stop pimping on Cox FM, what is IO doing to get people? I have no idea, but doesn't seem like anything. Those that know...already know!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #2065
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Yepper!! All failed!! nightclubs with Fabreezi, yet in another one as an example. And it always seems sumthin is wrong with his businesses. Perfect example!!

Bubba's BEACH club in Ybor City...a beach club in the middle of the city, yet you weren't even allowed in if wearing flip flops or tank tops!!
I wonder if Scene is still doing "Car Blonche Tuesdays", I'm sururpised that didn't close the place down.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #2066
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
I wonder if Scene is still doing "Car Blonche Tuesdays", I'm sururpised that didn't close the place down.
No..they canned that a while ago..that is why Augie doesn't call in on Tues saying he will be there.

And Bubba saying that now the cops are messing with bars and biz downtown..may be true..but may also be a setup so he can say why yet another nightclub failed. I gave it 2 yrs. Might not make it that long!!

Just a thought!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #2067
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

Quote:
I'm sorry if I'm coming off as negative Chob, that is not my intent and probably not the intent of anyone else on here. I love the show. I have been listening since the power pig days of the early 90's when I was in high school and the years he was off terrestrially here in Tampa were some of the worst ever. I just think we all expect a lot more out of him since we know the great shit they are capable of and I frankly haven't seen it in a while unfortunatly. Nothing would make me more happy than to come on here and put the BRN over, but I gotta be true to myself and not blindly mark out just for the sake of marking out.
I blame the FCC for taking the show down a few pegs. Years ago, the bits were far more racier than they are now. Used to be that girls would dildo themselves live on the air via the phone or studio, now they just come it for a friendly chat, then the sgment is over. Seems that if you want the raw form, you have to pay for it.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #2068
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
Hey BL, good afternoon to you too. I would bet Bubba has no idea what is going on at Scene and nor does he probably even care. The only recent news we have heard is that some high powered LEO is fucking with all of the downtown St. Pete clubs (including Scene) and Bubba is railing aginst Bill Foster to do something about it.

Quote:
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #2069
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's no problem. And I don't want people to think I don't want them to express their opinions.

Bubba himself tends to take every little thing that goes wrong and make it sound like the end of the world. So I can totally understand why people would get that impression from their show.

Point is they're going to be around a while, regardless of what happens on FM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #2070
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
Agreed, not like we are trying to hope for the demise of BRN or anything..i know I'm not nor you. But seriously!! I don't the the shows have been that stellar. Pretty much cookie cutter lately.

Take calls from same douchebags. (lately almost half the show about nuthin)
Bring up subject to play bits
Play bits
News stories we already heard 100 times
Bits about those
Plan to go to next race, take time off
Pimp everything from chicken dip to BRP to Scene to fuckin anything

To me that is pretty much what it has been lately!!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Closed Thread

Tags
Can't wait Diacos Radio, chyna's clitdick, cock talk with BTLS, cpt. thunder marks everywhere, crank talk, Diacos produce again !, die fucknuts die !!!, four boresmen call again, gay bubba saw, good old fashioned sadism, hogan defense force deploy!, It's a birthmark., show chickens rule, YOU BET NOT!