Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #166
Amigo

vCash: 8500003
Amigo has a spectacular aura aboutAmigo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
I don't have access to the ratings, that's Butler's department. However, it's hard to say anything about the ratings because Bubba cheated on those, so what is considered valid at this point? I can say that current day ratings have both Calta and Bubba tightly matched where one will win Men 25-54 while the other wins People 25-54, so like I said earlier Cox looks like they made a good financial decision not renewing the Sponge.
I cannot discern whether Cox made a good decision based on the numbers. It depends on revenues, probably. And promotional expenses.

One thing that appears true--Cox was not expecting to compete with Bubba in the Tampa market. Which means they projected higher revenues, and higher ratings, than they have ended up with.

"A good financial decision?" I have my doubts about that, Cap.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:45 AM   #167
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
I cannot discern whether Cox made a good decision based on the numbers. It depends on revenues, probably. And promotional expenses.

One thing that appears true--Cox was not expecting to compete with Bubba in the Tampa market. Which means they projected higher revenues, and higher ratings, than they have ended up with.

"A good financial decision?" I have my doubts about that, Cap.
Here what I could find Amigo, these are the most recent ratings...
Men 25/54

Calta 5.3..... #6
Bubba 6.0..... #4

Persons 25/54

Calta 4.8...... #7
Bubba 3.4..... #16

So on the surface, saving over a half million dollars on salary alone doesn't look like such a bad deal, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #168
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
On what grounds was he not renewed?
Answer me this Fish, When the sex tape came out in 2012, yes 2012 why was he not fired right there and then?

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #169
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Is that a self deprecating thing he keeps doing when he say's "item/situation 'fill in the blank' is the thing that is gonna take us to the next level" ?

Quote:
Old 05-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #170
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Bubba and Jabs both look more retarded than BFudd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #171
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Bubba and Jabs both look more retarded than BFudd.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 AM   #172
Amigo

vCash: 8500003
Amigo has a spectacular aura aboutAmigo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Here what I could find Amigo, these are the most recent ratings.....
So on the surface, saving over a half million dollars on salary alone doesn't look like such a bad deal, does it?
I cannot tell. I vaguely recall that BTLS had a 12.9 rating in one 2014 book with a #1 share for (probably) M-25-54.

Now, Cox is splitting the major segments, with a much smaller pie slice.

I think that Cowhead and Bubbs sharing the ratings slot is probably highly inefficient. Would probably be significantly more profit if one or the other were not in the market.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #173
milkman
Rock Star

milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would probably be significantly more profit if one or the other were not in the market.
That is exactly what Cox was banking on when they fired Bubba...no one would want him and his baggage. Ooops!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #174
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
I cannot tell. I vaguely recall that BTLS had a 12.9 rating in one 2014 book with a #1 share for (probably) M-25-54.

Now, Cox is splitting the major segments, with a much smaller pie slice.

I think that Cowhead and Bubbs sharing the ratings slot is probably highly inefficient. Would probably be significantly more profit if one or the other were not in the market.
1) I don't trust any of Bubba's old ratings, not after the Neilsen debacle.
2) True about the splitting of the segments.
3) Of course it would be better if one was no longer in the market. Bubba was always #1 in Tampa. Why? Well imo he used to have a great show, compound that with the fact he had no direct competition...up until Calta.
4) Bubba has said a million times that the talk radio genre is highly expensive, so it stands to reason that Cox is making money on the bone, or else it would have reformatted, correct?

Quote:
Old 05-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #175
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

Bubba was the no.1 show for 5 years or something. He pulled up to an 18 share and the rest of the station including nights with Spice were no.1 also. Now they all suck. How about the $300 large in billboards? Financially a good idea? No fucking way.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #176
milkman
Rock Star

Wait til the legal fees start rolling in. They will make the billboard campaign look like pocket change.

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #177
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

102.5 Classic Rock coming soon.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #178
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Wait til the legal fees start rolling in. They will make the billboard campaign look like pocket change.
The best radio nowadays seems to be these trials, so I say bring it on!!!

If it looks like I'm defending Calta, buy no means am I. I hope this trial bankrupts him, Spice and everyone else included.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #179
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
102.5 Classic Rock coming soon.
Well, that's what it was before they switched to the bone. Who say's you can't go home again?

Quote:
Old 05-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #180
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
The best radio nowadays seems to be these trials, so I say bring it on!!!

If it looks like I'm defending Calta, buy no means am I. I hope this trial bankrupts him, Spice and everyone else included.
It will be glorious indeed!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Closed Thread

Tags
B-Fudd Out!!!, Big Fat snivelling baby blowhard, BTLS, BubbaArmy, BubbaArmybikervestsbyRS, bubbaarmyradio.com, cuckold, mud butt, Put this mayonnaise on yo child!, RShasextraBAbikervests2sell