Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #136
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

He might've been. Not sure.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #137
bobdavis
Banned
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
bobdavis is on a distinguished road
Default Unanswered Questions

1. Why don't they want to talk about Hogans Tape? Its all over the news, isnt that what the show does - talk about popular news? There are tons of articles on this plus its on TMZ. should be Bubba talk worthy.
2. What happened with the Shark Tank? No mention of Bubba AT ALL and all of his images were removed off of the tubs they brought on the tv show. Also it was no longer called "Bubbas chicken Dip" on teh tv show and Dave didnt even mention bubbas name once. Did I miss them talking about it this morning????

big stories and no talk about it. always calls other people pussies for not discussing things but then he doesnt talk about anything
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #138
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdavis View Post
1. Why don't they want to talk about Hogans Tape? Its all over the news, isnt that what the show does - talk about popular news? There are tons of articles on this plus its on TMZ. should be Bubba talk worthy.
2. What happened with the Shark Tank? No mention of Bubba AT ALL and all of his images were removed off of the tubs they brought on the tv show. Also it was no longer called "Bubbas chicken Dip" on teh tv show and Dave didnt even mention bubbas name once. Did I miss them talking about it this morning????

big stories and no talk about it. always calls other people pussies for not discussing things but then he doesnt talk about anything
Welcome.

Apparently Gary said on Stern's show that Brent told them Bubba isn't legally allowed to discuss the tape. And I guess the chicken dip was submitted to Shark Tank without the Bubba branding. I must've missed the full story behind that.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #139
Thanos

vCash: 10621959
Thanos will become famous soon enough

Quote:

1. I believe there may be a legal situation with that tape. Plus, would you want to talk about a tape starring your ex-wife and best friend? Some things are best left private. Just because Bubba is a public figure doesn't mean he has to disclose everything about himself.

2. The Daily Debriefing team just talk about the Shark Tank deal. Basically, Bubba was removed from the story to make their product more appealing to the potential investors. It's all in knowing how to work.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #140
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
2. The Daily Debriefing team just talk about the Shark Tank deal. Basically, Bubba was removed from the story to make their story more appealing to the potential investors. It's all in knowing how to work.
Thanks, I didn't catch that.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #141
Thanos

Eh, I nearly didn't hear the Shark Tank details myself. I'm about to listen to something other than the DD. Blah.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #142
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

hey now and welcome

1. I don't think they want to mention it yet cause of hogans possible lawsuits and bubba's comments being made evidence in court. That's the only reason I can think of. Bubba did say "everyone has a sex tape, lets see yours" to tara this morning...

2. It's hard to sell a product with someone's face already on it. Depending on how the deal is set up, they might have been worried bubba's image would scare away investors cause they would have to put bubba's face on it and possibly pay royalties/licensing fees to bubba as it was. This way with no image there's less to worry about.

If bubba has a right to the recipe - he's gonna get paid whether his face is on it or not. It might help sell it without it cause the investors might say - he we wanna put michael jordans face on this...

just my theories

COD
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #143
Thanos

Damn... a Blackman and 25 bit. I miss 25.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #144
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

also - if you think back - bubba was getting divorced for like 6 months before he sinally came out and announced it.. again I think due to legal issues

I can wait... it will be one hell of a story when it comes.

We're still finding out sirius secrets and it's been years since that deal

COD
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #145
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Damn... a Blackman and 25 bit. I miss 25.
Me too. I feel for the dude since he doesn't have a steady gig yet. I keep hoping he resurfaces on air somewhere.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #146
Thanos

25 was a new type of counter-programmer that Bubba needs for a succesful show. Spice understood that, and I think 25 did too. For some reason, Bubba and 25 just couldn't share the same space, though.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #147
Chob

It sucks. I was really digging him being in there.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #148
bobdavis
Banned
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
bobdavis is on a distinguished road
Default questions

thanks guys, I get why he doesnt discuss the tape but they all said on friday's show that they were going to talk about shark tank today on monday and didnt say a word about it - i want to hear it from his mouth about what went down about chicken dip not guesses (is he mad at dave? did dave not tell him everything? did he already know he was removed off the labels?) from fridays show it didnt sound like anything was told to bubba ahead of time.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #149
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
2. It's hard to sell a product with someone's face already on it. Depending on how the deal is set up, they might have been worried bubba's image would scare away investors cause they would have to put bubba's face on it and possibly pay royalties/licensing fees to bubba as it was. This way with no image there's less to worry about.
It may have been mentioned and edited out. One of the Sharks cracked about making Dave pay him a royalty.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #150
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
thanks guys, I get why he doesnt discuss the tape but they all said on friday's show that they were going to talk about shark tank today on monday and didnt say a word about it - i want to hear it from his mouth about what went down about chicken dip not guesses (is he mad at dave? did dave not tell him everything? did he already know he was removed off the labels?) from fridays show it didnt sound like anything was told to bubba ahead of time.
I think there's probably an interesting tale behind it...

when in doubt 1888 69 bubba

you can always sneak a call in about it tomorrow

COD
Closed Thread

Tags
102.5 The Bone, 96 K-Rock, 98 Rock, BRN, BTLS, BTLSRadio, Bubba Army, Bubba Army Radio, Bubba Clem, Bubba Radio Network, bubba the love sponge, Radioio