Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bubba The Love Sponge Flips WHFS To WBRN 'Bubba 98.7, No Rules Radio'

Gonna keep the articles and general non-listening thread chat about it in here.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...wbrn-bubba-98-

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Access
BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE, who's been having fun with his return to the market, unveiled the new format on BEASLEY BROADCASTING WHFS-F/TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG as BUBBA 98.7 "No Rules Radio," with new calls on the way of WBRN.

CARL HARRIS will serve as the station’s PD, and can be reached at carl.harris@bbgi.com.

The music, BUBBA told listeners this morning, will be "anything that I like. Seriously... that's the format... it's me. It's what I like. It could be KURTIS BLOW's 'Basketball' and AC/DC's 'You Shook Me All Night Long.'" He also suggested that he could even play CW MCCALL's "Convoy" and said that other stations are programmed by corporate people, "we have ownership in this radio station. What we sez, goes."

ALL ACCESS was told the station will include artists such as AC/DC, METALLICA, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, PEARL JAM, LED ZEPPELIN, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, LINKIN PARK, GREEN DAY and FOO FIGHTERS. Also, the format includes songs chosen by BUBBA himself which range from artists like EMINEM, NOTORIOUS B.I.G., DR DRE, JERRY REED, PUBLIC ENEMY, C.W. MCCALL, LL COOL J and many others.- See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/13788

If you find any articles not posted, put them here.

Without getting too long winded, here's some general thoughts I have:

-I like the concept, it's risky to put all the eggs in the Bubba basket but it warms my cold heart when someone tries something unique on FM radio.

-They need a non BTLS show personality to diversify things a bit. Dan Blaze suggested Stan and Haney which I think would be brilliant. And to me they seem laid back enough that it won't result in a clash of egos like last time.

-They need to straighten out what they're doing with io. Beasley either needs to buy out the io contract, or otherwise negotiate to bring a one stop shop for the Bubba brand under their banner. Bubba's spread thin across various platforms and his internet presence has never been all that streamlined or sexy. And for fuck's sake, do something about Bubba Raw. Five uploads for 2014 is pathetic. But I digress.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Beasley, Bubba 199, Bubba 98.7, bubba the love sponge, WBRN, WHFS