Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:10 AM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Post Bubba Army Radio post-Labor Day Weekend hangover listening thread

Do some channel surfing today, you might find something good and someone might be doing a live show.

I saw Kidd Chris was live, so I was all "cool, I'll check his show out." He comes on for what felt like 30 seconds and goes right into "Dr. Feelgood."

Hopefully we can get some news about Michaels and Chase consulting/raising funds for radioIO at the Radio Show conference. And maybe guys like poor Kidd can be rescued from having to play music when what they do best is talk.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

vCash: 5000000
PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Do some channel surfing today, you might find something good and someone might be doing a live show.

I saw Kidd Chris was live, so I was all "cool, I'll check his show out." He comes on for what felt like 30 seconds and goes right into "Dr. Feelgood."

Hopefully we can get some news about Michaels and Chase consulting/raising funds for radioIO at the Radio Show conference. And maybe guys like poor Kidd can be rescued from having to play music when what they do best is talk.
I actually had to (blecch) sit with the wife on our deck (vomit) and engage in a conversation with her (stabs self) because I didn't have any live, quality long-form talk radio entertainment.

I escaped only because my younger son woke up and distracted her enough for me to slip away.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
1c

vCash: 15034102362677
1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
I actually had to (blecch) sit with the wife on our deck (vomit) and engage in a conversation with her (stabs self) because I didn't have any live, quality long-form talk radio entertainment.

I escaped only because my younger son woke up and distracted her enough for me to slip away.
Man I've been there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Fuckin bullshit call. FUCK YOU REFS!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

You know, the bad thing about having terrestrial radio executives getting involved in internet radio (and satellite radio, for that matter) is that they are TERRESTRIAL RADIO EXECUTIVES (meaning, they know nothing about radio). What radioIO needs is silent investor money, some entity that will fund operations for a period of time, buying into the business plan (I wonder what that business plan is, quite frankly), and allowing all of the operational and HR decisions to be made by Bubba and other real radio people of his choosing, not the old terrestrial radio executives.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
iobane
Sagacious sage of sagocity.

iobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really niceiobane is just really nice

silly bubba its not 8/29 its 9/5!

I give my vcash to Nigerian princes.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
Rock & Roll Ghost
Hi-De-Ho

Rock & Roll Ghost is on a distinguished road

Hey Chob - does BTLS have their own forum again? Thought I heard Bubba saying something about this...don't see anything, so maybe he got flapped up. Is he mostly doing Twitter these days to reach out to the fans?

Rock 'n Roll Ghost

Twitter

Would you spread for Baba Booey?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock & Roll Ghost View Post
Hey Chob - does BTLS have their own forum again? Thought I heard Bubba saying something about this...don't see anything, so maybe he got flapped up. Is he mostly doing Twitter these days to reach out to the fans?
twitter is his "forum"

COD
Old 09-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

No new forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock & Roll Ghost View Post
Is he mostly doing Twitter these days to reach out to the fans?
Yes, and fight with people baiting him. In a more convenient way to do so.

Radioio.com has a forum, but I think Spice is the only one at the BRN that pays attention to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
You know, the bad thing about having terrestrial radio executives getting involved in internet radio (and satellite radio, for that matter) is that they are TERRESTRIAL RADIO EXECUTIVES (meaning, they know nothing about radio). What radioIO needs is silent investor money, some entity that will fund operations for a period of time, buying into the business plan (I wonder what that business plan is, quite frankly), and allowing all of the operational and HR decisions to be made by Bubba and other real radio people of his choosing, not the old terrestrial radio executives.
I see your point but I think those guys know better than to start fucking with what people like about radioIO.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
legmanct
Nothing Beats A Great Pair of Legs!

legmanct is on a distinguished road

****RUMOR ALERT!***

Did Heather pack her things up and leave Bubba over the weekend while he was playing in his sandbox?

Bubba who said he wasn't going to Tweet anymore broke his Twitter silence...

http://twitter.com/#!/BTLSRadio/stat...86689867911169

Things that make you go hmm...

(Again this is just a rumor.)
Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by legmanct View Post
****RUMOR ALERT!***

Did Heather pack her things up and leave Bubba over the weekend while he was playing in his sandbox?

Bubba who said he wasn't going to Tweet anymore broke his Twitter silence...

http://twitter.com/#!/BTLSRadio/stat...86689867911169

Things that make you go hmm...

(Again this is just a rumor.)

mrs btls tweeted back that she was at spin class I believe

COD
Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
legmanct
Nothing Beats A Great Pair of Legs!

legmanct is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post

mrs btls tweeted back that she was at spin class I believe
I get the Spin Class joke there.

But from what I can see she hasn't tweeted since the 3rd. (Unless I am missing something)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by legmanct View Post
I get the Spin Class joke there.

But from what I can see she hasn't tweeted since the 3rd. (Unless I am missing something)
actually I was serious - I'm pretty sure milk posted the tweet back from heather last night...

or I was

I dunno

he did mention how he just had to worry about tyler the other day... could be something, could be nothing.

COD
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 AM   #13
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
actually I was serious - I'm pretty sure milk posted the tweet back from heather last night...

or I was

I dunno

he did mention how he just had to worry about tyler the other day... could be something, could be nothing.
Yeah, there's something going on, IMO. I hope I'm wrong, but you just wonder about the comments on Twitter and on the show.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 AM   #14
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

"No Furby for you!"
Old 09-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #15
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

I love evil, nasty Regis, ripping the hearts out of children.
Closed Thread

Tags
BRN, BTLSRadio, Bubba Army Radio, Bubba Clem, bubba the love sponge, Bubbas Seperated, die benny die, He-Man woman haters club, Howard Stern, lurking beer guy, moved out, no pussy is worth the hassle